Full-Stack Developer (Full-time or Part-time)
Zak GroupLondon | Posted: 6 months ago
Zak Group is an award-winning international design practice that gives shape to contemporary visual culture. We work with leading arts organisations, museums, fashion brands and businesses from around the world on projects ranging from art direction, visual identity, publications, websites and exhibition design.
We are seeking a full-stack developer with a minimum 3 years experience to join a dynamic studio environment. We build modern websites and web applications using progressive front-end frameworks and flexible content management systems.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a professional developer (experience in a London based studio beneficial)
- Comfortable with responsive, cross-platform development
- Excellent knowledge of HTML and writing standards compliant, semantic markup
- Excellent knowledge of CSS (SASS, LESS, PostCSS)
- Excellent knowledge of PHP
- Experience with Vue.js, Webpack, Node.js
- Experience with git and version control
- Experience with package / dependency managers (npm, Composer)
- Experience using terminal / bash
- Experience with hosting infrastructure and cloud platforms (DigitalOcean, AWS)
- Knowledge of browser and device compatibility and associated limitations
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Able to work collaboratively in a fluid environment under tight deadlines
- Can take creative lead and follow design directives
- Excellent typographic skills, typesetting abilities and attention to detail
- Impeccable organisational and time management skills
- Flexible, highly driven, self-motivated and punctual
- Commitment to working well as part of a team
- Valid UK/EEA work permit
- Interest in modern and contemporary art and design
- Familiarity with ECMAScript specifications
- Experience using GitLab
- Experience using ProcessWire CMS
- Experience using external APIs
- Strong sense of motion & interactivity
- Interest in creative / generative coding
£35,000–45,000 depending on experience, pro-rata for part-time. This will be reviewed annually.
Location & Hours
The role is based at our office at 64 Halliford Street, London N1 3HF. Our office hours are 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday. We are open to flexible and/or part time working for this role (but not full time remote working). We need you to work a minimum of 3+ days a week. Please get in touch to discuss your preferences.
How to Apply
Successful applicants will be invited to a short video interview to get to know you and to give you a chance to ask any questions you have. The next step is an interview at our office where you will get a chance to meet the team and discuss your approach and experience in more detail. For this it would be useful to talk us through some of your own code.