Seeking Talented Perl Developer to Revolutionize Real Estate
Mr. CooperLewisville, TX | Posted: 3 months ago
Xome was built on the belief that the process of buying/selling a home shouldn’t undermine the excitement of home ownership. In working to bridge the offline and online worlds of real estate, we’ve opened new possibilities for home buyers/sellers and more business for real estate professionals.
Xome is comprised of industry leading real estate and technology companies, including Xome Auctions, Quantarium, eSign, Title365, and Xome Labs, united by the shared goal of forever transforming the real estate experience. Learn more at www.xome.com.
MEET OUR TEAM
Our Xome teams in Dallas and Milwaukee are building next-generation real estate software and service solutions. We put our customers first, are action-biased, and when we fail – we fail fast and move forward. There is no shortage of opportunity for exciting challenges and career growth. Learn more at https://www.xome.com/
WHAT YOU’LL DO: POSITION OVERVIEW
Our typical stack includes RHEL, Nginx (although old stuff is Apache), Postgres, and Perl. These aren't your system manager's Perl scripts either. We are leveraging Modern Perl libraries on Moo, DBIx, and Dancer2 to build scalable dynamic systems. We have other stuff going on to keep things interesting and are open to modifications as we find a need. Don't do Perl? Don't worry. If you are comfortable with any modern open source OO architecture (Python, PHP, Node, Ruby), you'll do great. We've trained more than one Perl newbie.
Are you a Perl expert? Great, we need you. Skip the rest and click apply.
We are currently building a Service Oriented Architecture environment that allows some systems to live on a completely different stack if needed. We'd also love your experience with REST APIs, XML interfaces and service systems. Oh, you like databases: Great our development team owns our own DBs and DB management. We'd love your input on database scaling and leveraging tools for Postgres and managing our legacy Sybase systems. For the front-end we leverage the Ext JS (Sencha) framework and just completed a move to Ext6 for our primary applications. We also use Angular for in house projects. There's a lot of new development going on with our front-end code. We encourage all our developers to jump in and learn about things that interest them.
WHO YOU ARE: SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university plus 5 or more years’ experience; or 8 plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong technical skills, positive attitude and flexibility with displayed enthusiasm for self-initiated professional growth.
- 3 - 5 years of experience with Perl, PHP, Python or similar programming language
- 3 - 5 years of experience with Web Development using:
- Apache and/or NGINX
- Postgres, MySQL, Sybase, or similar databases
- 3 - 5 years of experience with Git or similar version control
- Real-world experience with Perl (Modern Perl, Moo, Dancer2, Mojolicious, and/or Catalyst)
- Real-world experience with ExtJS (version 4 or higher)
- Real-world experience with Selenium, Siesta, Protractor, Jasmine, other testing frameworks