Senior Software Engineer - backend
SecurlySan Jose, CA | Posted: 6 months ago
969% growth, new products, make a social impact, cutting edge Series-B EdTech, fun talented teams
Want to work for the 11th fastest growing company in San Jose, CA?
Securly, Inc.( www.securly.com) headquartered in San Jose California, provides online safety for schools and parental controls for families. Since its inception in 2013, we have earned a reputation as a trusted provider of Internet Security for children by protecting millions of students in K-12 schools across the globe.
Securly is THE network layer for our 10M+ users from over 1500 enterprise customers.
At Securly you’ll deliver mission-critical Networking security and Student Safety solutions to 1000s of Schools across the Globe. Our network of offices across West Coast, East Coast, Mexico and India will give you the opportunity to spread your wings. Securly currently has a career opportunity for a PHP Full-stack Staff Software Engineer for our Headquarters in San Jose, CA. As a Full-stack Engineer, you will provide best-fit architectural solutions for one or more projects; you will assist in defining scope and sizing of work; and anchor Proof of Concept developments. You will provide solution architecture for the business problem, platform integration with third party services, designing and developing complex features for clients' business needs.
The Staff Software Engineer - PHP Expert - will provide technology direction, ensures project implementation compliance, and utilizes technology research to innovate, integrate, and manage technology solutions. You will collaborate with some of the best talent in the industry to create and implement innovative high-quality solutions, participate in Sales and various pursuits focused on our clients' business needs.
Roles and Responsibilities
- This role is considered part of the Business Unit Leadership team and may mentor Junior Architects and /or development team members.
- Own and aggressively drive forward specific areas of technology architecture. Provide architectural solutions/designs to project execution teams for implementation.
- Provide technology architectural assessments, strategies, and road maps for one or more technology domains.
- Lead projects within architecture. Work with Product Owner/Business Analysts to understand functional requirements and interact with other cross-functional teams to architect, design, develop, test, and release features.
- Develop Proof-of-Concept projects to validate new architectures and solutions.
- Support multiple Agile Scrum teams with planning, scoping and creation of technical solutions for the new product capabilities, through to continuous delivery to production.
- Liaise with offshore team and clients for resolving technical dependencies, issues, and risks.
- Mentor and provide architectural guidance to multiple teams building innovative applications.
- Drive common vision, practices and capabilities across teams.
You must also must have good triage/analysis skills, good communication skills, understand best practices and common patterns in the key areas, and be comfortable supporting multiple project teams.
S/He must have at least decent knowledge of the must haves, and at least a couple of the nice to haves. You need to be able to do code reviews and identify deviations from best practices in at least 3 must have languages or frameworks.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.