Back to Archive
Web Developer (Magento)
Bear GroupRemote | Posted: 3 months ago
This job is expired and may no longer be accepting applications.
Bear Group is a leading web development firm based in Seattle looking for an experienced backend web developer to join our team. You will have the opportunity to work with leading companies and marketing teams to develop complex sites and integrations between systems.
We are a fully distributed team that primarily builds in PHP on the Magento and Drupal platforms for ecommerce and content management sites. Since we are fully remote, you can work from anywhere! We do require at least 4 hours of working time overlap with the Pacific time zone work day where most of our clients are located. As a highly client focused organization, you will occasionally need to meet according to their schedule. This typically falls between 10 and 5 Pacific time, and we strive to give you plenty of time to focus on development.
Working with a variety of clients, we fluidly form groups including a Technical Project Manager, a Quality Analyst, and one or more developers to complete sprints of work. The type of work depends on the client, but often includes:
- Developing custom modules and extensions for Drupal CMS and Magento Commerce.
- Integration with various APIs and third-party systems.
- Migrating existing sites to modern platforms.
- Maintaining a detailed personal task plan, working in Jira, and adhering to project schedules.
- Participate with Technical PMs and clients on scoping custom implementations, Agile sprint planning and general project management.
- Ensuring a quality product is delivered to clients.
We’re hoping you bring:
- Preferred BA/BS degree plus a minimum of 4 years of related work experience.
- Experience in client-service environments. You’re professional and client service-oriented!
- 4+ years in web development and strong PHP experience; experience with the Zend framework a plus.
- Experience with Drupal or Magento and their respective API’s.
- Experience integrating with third-party API’s and web services.
- .NET/C#, Java or Ruby experience will be helpful, but most coding projects are currently in PHP. Must have understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) and Model-View-Controller (MVC) frameworks.
- Understanding of content organization and concepts within information architecture.
- Interest in the open-source software development model & participation in the open source development community.
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry trends in emerging and existing web technologies.
- Independence, enthusiasm, superb communication and organization skills.
During your first week you will work closely with one or our senior developers to set up your new system and familiarize with our processes and tools. The system will be either Mac, Linux, or Windows to your preference, and we use a virtualized environment for a consistent development server stack. Other tools you will use include:
- Git for source control
- Bitbucket for Git repositories
- Jira for project management
- Confluence for documentation
- Slack for communication.
As you get your feet under you we will introduce some project work, again in collaboration with a senior developer on a sprint they are currently working on. Ultimately our developers work independently on your own tickets and sprints.
In addition to competitive pay, a new computer, insurance, and 401k match, you’ll also receive:
- 3 Weeks PTO plus approximately 10 vacation days annually
- $1500 annual education stipend
- Software stipend for the tools that you prefer to do the job
To learn more about the company, visit www.beargroup.com. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This job was sourced from WeWorkRemotely.