Merck - AustinAustin, TX | Posted: 5 months ago
As a Web Designer at Merck’s Austin IT HUB, you will be part of inventing tomorrow. Our Innovative centers are where great people come together and deliver solutions that save and improve lives.
Join a Global Digital Marketing IT team to help us build beautiful web solutions which solve important problems and improve human health. The selected candidate will work collaboratively with web development teams, UX/Design teams, and end users across the world. The candidate will create web solutions which help connect patients with important therapies. The candidate will create responsive web sites which work on any browser/device and run on scalable cloud platforms using modern development techniques.
We are seeking a motivated, talented individual interested in solving problems to improve tomorrow.
The Web Designer is responsible for crafting web designs for various web properties as well as managing/expanding the Merck design system. This role will help create a cohesive user experiences across Merck web sites.
- You have 5+ years web design experience
- You have exceptional visual sensibility, paired with an eye toward effective interfaces and extensible design systems
- You design solutions that incorporate current best practices in usability, interaction design, and responsive design strategies
- You can clearly and effectively present ideas, research findings, sketches, and other deliverables to clients
- You are an expert Sketch user
- You are knowledgeable at writing HTML and CSS
- You have a solid understanding of and commitment to web standards, including web accessibility standards
- You are versed in WordPress theme development, especially parent/child themeing
- You understand the impact of design on performance
- Bachelors Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or related field
- 5 or more years of experience designing for the web and for mobile devices
- A solid understanding of and commitment to web standards and best practices in usability, interaction design, and responsive design strategies
- Expertise with Sketch or related tools
- Knowledgeable at writing HTML and CSS
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a broader team
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the business
- Experience using Agile techniques including Scrum
- WordPress experience including theme development, especially parent/child themeing
- Experience in implementing responsive web applications on the Amazon cloud
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work with geographically disparate teams
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to [email protected] Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully: Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit: EEOC Poster EEOC GINA Supplement OFCCP EEO Supplement Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of it’s manifestations.