W-SystemsAustin, TX | Posted: 5 months ago
The Application Engineer will join a team and contribute to the software design, software development, and overall product life cycle for SugarCRM, Salesforce, and other client facing systems. The engineering process is highly collaborative; Application Engineers are expected to work with team members and clients as they work through requirements and support products as they evolve. In addition, Application Engineers may be involved in product configuration, data conversion, and testing. As an Application Engineer, you will be able to operate independently, though typically will work as part of a team with varying skill sets to create, support, and deploy production applications.
The Application Engineer generates professional services revenue and ensures customer success by:
- Designing, coding, testing, documenting, and delivering software projects to W-Systems customers.
- Orchestrating the work of other engineers when serving as engineering lead.
- Collaborating with Clients and other W-Systems staff to determine requirements, design and implement solutions as needed.
- Writing functional development specifications
- Deliver customer projects on time and on budget.
- Customer projects are well understood by the engineering team, of high quality, fully tested, and fully documented.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
~70% - Delivery & Execution:
- Collaborates with other team members (UX, engineering, and product management) to create effective, reliable, scalable software solutions
- Documents, reviews and ensures that all quality and change control standards are met
- Works with Team to ensure requirements and specifications are developer-ready, easy to understand, and testable
- Writes custom code or scripts to automate functionality, provide automation, and additional enhancements
- Configures commercial off the shelf solutions to align with evolving business needs
- Creates meaningful dashboards, and reporting features as requested by clients
~20% - Support & Enablement:
- Fields questions from colleagues and clients
- Provides application support for software running in production
- Validates data conversion, imports, and automated integration
- Collaborate with W-Systems Technical Support, W-Systems IT, and SugarCRM Support as needed
~10% - Learning:
- Participates in learning activities around modern software design and development core practices (communities of practice)
- Proactively views articles, tutorials, and videos to learn about new technologies and best practices being used within other technology organizations
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Has the knowledge, skills, and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
- Years of Relevant Work Experience: 1 years
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions, there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in a modern scripting language (preferably PHP)
- Experience in a version control system (preferably Git)
- Exposure to query optimization and troubleshooting
- Exposure to effective data modeling within SQL databases
- Understanding of modern microservice-based architectures and methodologies
- Exposure to REST and effective web service design
- SugarCRM Certified Developer
- SugarCRM Certified Solutions Architect
- Salesforce Certified Developer