Engineering Team Lead - Elastic Language Clients - EMEA
ElasticRemote | Posted: 3 months ago
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to real time Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
What you will be doing
You will join a team fully dedicated to the Language Clients of the Elastic Stack. This team's primary responsibility is to make sure that folks who use our official language clients have a great experience when integrating with any part of the Elastic Stack.
This is not just a people management position; expect to roll your sleeves up and contribute to code maintenance, testing, CI and community engagement - depending on your background.
- Manage and mentor a small, distributed, multi-language team of language client engineers
- Set priorities, have a plan and deliver it
- Define and review metrics
- Drive community engagement and adoption, supporting the team to find relevant speaking opportunities
- Drive and manage best practices development, promoting coherent behaviours and re-use across the team
- Promote knowledge share and collaboration in a distributed team
- Build strong working relationships with other teams
- Work with product management to identify and prioritise integrations, building upon and further expanding language client opportunities in their respective communities
What you will bring
- Software engineering skill set with language client experience
- Experience managing small teams of up to 10 people
- Collaborative style, open communicator, aiming for consensus decision-making
- Leads by example
- Self-motivated, great communicator
- Strong interest with what goes on in the developer ecosystems
- Happy to get involved with our community; not afraid to reach out and be reached out to
- Experience with the Elastic Stack is useful, but not mandatory
We're looking to hire team members invested in realising the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.