Emergency Reporting is looking for a mid- or entry-level Software Tester. The Software Tester functions as part of a development team, responsible for testing the Emergency Reporting fire and EMS reporting and records keeping system. Responsibilities include testing new features, NEMSIS / NFIRS export testing, bug fixes, gathering, vetting and testing new report requirements, and monitoring other changes to the Emergency Reporting web system to ensure the integrity and quality of the product. This position requires strong technical skills, attention to detail, and great team skills to be part of the overall software development team.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Strive to exhibit ER’s Valued Employee Attributes to support our company values and culture.
- Adhere to applicable polices and procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF EVERYONE IN THIS DEPARTMENT:
- Understand and collaborate effectively in ER’s Agile organization using Scrum and Kanban methodologies; and striving to become proficient in our tools and processes.
- Ability to effectively and consistently communicate and collaborate with teammates, sponsors, and stakeholders.
- Be an active part of defining and following best practices around engineering excellence and contribute positively toward ER’s continuous improvement.
- Pursue any relevant continuing education/training to keep up with best practices for engineering excellence.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs testing activities as a member of a Scrum development team, working directly with their Scrum Master, product owner, and lead developer.
- Performs manual system tests to confirm adherence to feature requirements.
- Pursues continuing education/training to keep up with Quality best practices for engineering excellence.
- Writes and ensures automated tests are running as intended, and alerts the development team to any code that has broken one or more automated tests.
- Performs system tests on various platforms, including Windows, Mac, Apple phones and tablets, and Android phones and tablets.
- Properly documents issue(s) found in the ER system and routes those issues to the appropriate developer(s) for resolution.
- Confirms changes to the system work correctly after being released to the production environment.
- Validates customer reported issues and escalates accordingly.
- Work with Support personnel to troubleshoot new issues and flag appropriately as a bug or defect and assess its severity & resolution plan.
- Writes detailed, clear, and complete test plans and bug reports by outlining the steps required to test new functionality or reproduce reported problems.
- Implements process improvements on a regular basis.
- Complies with and adheres to applicable federal, state, local, and company rules, laws, standards, procedures.