Software Engineer II and III
Emergency ReportingBellingham, WA | Posted: 3 months ago
Emergency Reporting is looking for a Software Engineer II and III. Our software engineers develop web technologies to support the global efforts of the Fire and EMS industry. Our core values are industry integrity, team appreciation, fire service advocacy, responsible stewardship, ongoing relevance, and consistent innovation. We are passionate about our support of the Agile principles of software development and have embraced a scrum development methodology with strong emphasis on continuous improvement. As a Software Engineer you will be working on a small scrum team with a large potential for learning and growth.
With your technical expertise you manage individual projects tasks, deadlines and deliverables. You design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Strive to exhibit ER’s Valued Employee Attributes to support our company values and culture.
- Adhere to applicable polices and procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF EVERYONE IN THIS DEPARTMENT:
- Understand and collaborate effectively in ER’s Agile organization using Scrum and Kanban methodologies; and striving to become proficient in our tools and processes.
- Ability to effectively and consistently communicate and collaborate with teammates, sponsors, and stakeholders.
- Be an active part of defining and following best practices around engineering excellence and contribute positively toward ER’s continuous improvement.
- Pursue any relevant continuing education/training to keep up with best practices for engineering excellence.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work with Microsoft SQL Server to create queries to be used in the Emergency Reporting system.
- Engage in daily stand-up meetings to provide regular status updates to the team or as situations change.
- Perform and receive code reviews according to standards with other members of the team.
- Perform performance tuning with an understanding of programming algorithms.
- Support continuous process improvement with the goal of making the Emergency Reporting technology team as efficient and effective as possible.
- Further the scrum and coding standards of the team.
- Develop the testing capacity of the team.
- Learn from training events and pass knowledge on to the team through in-house discussions or lectures.
- Perform other duties as required.