Full Stack Software Developer
JobTargetStamford, CT | Posted: 6 months ago
Job search is broken. Help us fix it! JobTarget is a leading company in the online job search and recruiting industry. Our team is comprised of experts in recruitment, ecommerce, and online job search. Our products are used by thousands of corporate recruiters and reach millions of job seekers. Our revenues are growing and we are looking to expand our technology team.
The company values work life balance, rewarding risk and creativity, and an open culture. You, as a Full Stack Software Developer, will be a core contributor to help change how people search for jobs, advance their careers, and how organizations find the right talent to succeed in their missions.
- Hands-on coding, unit-testing and maintenance of projects for the Engineering team, based on system specifications and Change Requests provided by the business team
- Oversee the automation of business and technical processes, trouble-shoot production issues and fix as needed, maintaining and improving deployed code as needed
- Work closely with the Product line Technical Leads and other software engineers to ensure that company coding standards, policies and IT procedures are observed as well as participate in the evaluation and selection of new strategies and technologies
- Solid software development skills with experience building software developed in (at least one) PHP, Python, Perl, C#, or Java
- Solid RDBMS and NoSQL database experience. Specifically SQL Server, MySQL and MongoDB.
- Experience designing clean and maintainable RESTful JSON APIs
- Ability to rapidly learn new software languages, frameworks and APIs quickly
- Good knowledge of basic large-scale internet service architectures (such as load balancing, LAMP, CDN's, MEAN, Queues), even if you haven't worked on one
- Experience with common applications such as Apache, memcached, SSH, Git.
- Sound knowledge of UNIX, DNS, TCP/IP network fundamentals
- Familiar with cloud based technologies such as file storage, elastic search, no SQL data structures (Azure/AWS)
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Sharp and tenacious troubleshooting skills: you can fix anything!
JobTarget provides a high-energy growth environment, along with a competitive base salary and excellent benefits including PTO, medical, dental and 401(k) with match. Employees may also be eligible to participate in an Equity Incentive Plan. Compensation commensurate with experience. JobTarget is an equal opportunity employer.