Back to Archive
Headquarters: Fully Remote
Magento eCommerce Developer
BranchLabsRemote | Posted: 3 months ago
This job is expired and may no longer be accepting applications.
Headquarters: Fully Remote
This is a hands-on, fully remote programming position. You’ll be working on eCommerce platforms and CMSes like Magento, Shopify and WordPress. The core technologies you’ll be working with are PHP, HTML, CSS, and JS. Our main platform is Magento.
Our projects are generally focused around making large, material changes to our clients’ sites or designing and developing new sites from the ground up. We are heavily data-driven and provide robust tracking and reporting capabilities for our clients’ initiatives.
We have quite a bit of work booked for the next few months, so an ideal applicant will be ready to hit the ground running. Despite the amount of work we have, I strive to minimize context switching—if you’re on a project, you shouldn’t expect to be bombarded with unrelated tweaks on other projects here and there.
This is a high impact position. Whoever fills this position will have huge opportunity to lay the groundwork of the company’s future.
When you start, this is what you can expect to work on.
- Full Magento site development
- Design architecture, then implement features for existing Magento stores
- Implement designs in CSS/HTML/JS
- Configure Magento-related middleware services, Redis, Memcached, Varnish, Solr, etc.
- Integrate with 3rd party APIs
These are the must haves. Basically: be a web developer!
- 3–5+ years of industry experience
- Hands-on programming experience with Magento
- Proficient in HTML, CSS, and JS
- Git experience
- Understand the web—REST, HTTP verbs, basic HTTP status codes, etc.
- Familiarity with the Unix command line
If you fulfill the above and have experience with a few of the below, definitely get in touch.
- Hands-on programming experience with Shopify
- Enterprise software development
- Strong UX/UI chops
- Deep understanding building complex database queries, particularly MySQL
- Experience setting up and configuring Apache
- Opinionated about design—visual and code
- A portfolio of personal projects (not necessarily code related)
Some Notes on Culture
Here are some of our values. They’re always being refined based on what works and what doesn’t.
- We value clear, concise communication.
- Quality can only be assessed with a clear problem definition.
- Context—understanding our clients and their customers—empowers individual contributors to find better solutions.
- Automating repeatable processes frees up time for more interesting problems.
- No process for process’ sake. No meetings for meetings’ sake. But there’s a place for both.
- Build or use tools to provide predictability and eliminate boring work.
- Individual productivity is hugely dependent on a minimally distracting, supportive environment.
To apply: Email a cover letter and a resume [email protected]. If it looks good, I’ll be in touch. Looking forward to hearing from you!
This job was sourced from WeWorkRemotely.