Full stack developer with React experience
OtravoHalfweg, Netherlands | Posted: 3 months ago
We are looking for a React/Redux developer who can pick up also PHP tasks. You will be working in one of our scrum self managing feature teams by the Air tribe in our office in the heart of Amsterdam and take part in the creation of the outstanding flight tickets selling platform.
Responsibilities will include:
· translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application.
· building of the new functionalities and improvement of the existing ones in Internet Booking Engine (searching, combining and booking of flights) and after care tools (financial care, integration with a CRM system etc.)
· helping product owner in refining of the user stories and provide feedback about their content
· taking care of basics DevOps responsibilities and help building a modern software product environment with containers, build server and continues integration
Besides above have fun during our Friday parties and retreats to places like Greece or Spain (non mandatory ;) )
As all of our teams are self managing you will be involved together with your team mates in making technical choices that will shape the future of our company. Of course with great power come great responsibilities so you should ensure high quality code and testing that proves the functionalities are working correctly for our customers.
Last but not least our platform is undergoing currently big functional and technical transformation of the strategic importance and your mission will be to make it happen as a team member.
Skills And Qualifications
· Very good understanding of React/Redux and concepts around building of the web application (MVC, HTTP, REST etc.)
· Good understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
· Good knowledge of object oriented design and basic design patterns
· Good understanding of MySQL, SQL queries and relational modeling concerns
· At least basic experience with automated testing on both unit and integration level
· You want to write good, readable code which follows SOLID principles and clearly express the given domain
· You like to work in teams and help others if necessary
· Scrum with its ceremonies like planning, retrospective and daily stand up is something which fits you perfectly
· You will eagerly work in a distributed team (some team members in Amsterdam and some in Lithuania)
· You are able to fly to our other office in Lithuania sometimes to meet your team mates face to face
Why work for us?
· We are small company with good financial backgrounds which means you will get stability as in big corporations but flexibility, short decision making and degree of freedom typical to the lean startups
· Your thoughts and experience will shape our platform as our teams are leading in making technical decisions
· Every second Friday you are allowed to work on your private project or learn the technology you want – and guess what we will pay for that day too! The only one thing you should do is present to others from time to time what you have done
· A friendly atmosphere with committed people and place which supports exchange of ideas
· A learning place so you will choose trainings and gatherings you want to attend plus you may use of accounts in video trainings and buy books you want to read and improve your skills
Otravo stands for Online Travel Organisation and is market leader in the Benelux and Scandinavia of (online) air travel sales. Travelers can book airline tickets to worldwide destinations in person or via self-service, online as well as offline, and for both leisure and business trips. Otravo offers travelers a wide selection of options, everything from worldwide flights, rental cars, hotels and sun holidays to all possible dynamic travel combinations. Otravo is the parent company of several well-known travel brands like Vliegtickets.nl, Vliegtickets.be, WTC.nl, Schipholtickets.nl, Flygstolen, Tripmonster and most recently De Vakantiediscounter. Every day over a 100.000 visitors are welcomed to our websites and since 1983 millions of people have traveled through our brands.