PHP Developer (Leading FinTech, London)
What's the team like?
We rely heavily on PHP7, Symfony3, MySQL and Node.JS, AWS, Docker and Kubernetes
We are using technology to make the process of owning and investing in property simple and straightforward. To date - we have loaned £1 billion, but we have set the bar much higher.
We hire great people who are passionate about solving real-world problems in an exciting, dynamic, collaborative and fun environment.
Our engineering teams, split into multi-functional teams that look after the investor, loan engine and borrower platforms, providing the technology and innovation that allows us to grow and evolve as a business. Without them, we could not achieve the goals we set as a company. From building a brand new microservices architecture to introducing 3rd party services to enable efficiencies or expansion, the challenges are never ending
We use Domain Driven Design (DDD) to understand our partners and business to produce better outcomes. We use short iterations to make valuable contributions.
What you'll be doing
- Take part in daily stand ups
- Go through project boards to evaluate the work to be done
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code by using the best software development practices
- Write unit and functional tests
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- What we’d need you to have
As a mid-weight developer you will have a good knowledge across most (but not necessarily) all of the above technical areas.
- PHP7, Symfony3, MySQL, Node.JS (but don’t be put off if these aren’t your primary languages)
- Good knowledge of Design Patterns
- Good knowledge of REST
- MySQL, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes would be a bonus
- Test Driven (TDD). You will never say it’s ready until it’s been tested, documented and explained
- You are collaborative and prefer to work as a team rather than as an individual
It would nice if you:
- Have experience using DDD
- Have an active interest in finance or property and industry disruption
What we are About
LendInvest (www.lendinvest.com) is the UK’s leading online platform for property finance and investing. Since launching in 2008, LendInvest has lent over £1.5 billion ($1.9 billion) to help buy, build or renovate over 5,000 homes across the UK.
LendInvest uses technology to provide borrowers with short-term bridging finance, development finance and Buy-To-Let; and investors that include retail investors (in our London Stock Exchange listed bond), investors on our Online Investment Platform and some of the world’s largest financial institutions, with stable income secured against property.
LendInvest is still majority owned by the founders and staff of the business, but has also raised equity from the same investors that founded Skype, and early investors in financial technology businesses like Klarna, Stripe and SoFi.
We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and value inclusivity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.