Data Engineer I
PMG Advertising AgencyFort Worth, TX | Posted: 3 months ago
Data Engineer I
Dallas, TX or Fort Worth, TX or Austin, TX
PMG is looking for a Data Engineer with strong data warehousing experience to help build out our data infrastructure process. This person will work closely with the Data, Analytics, and Development teams to build a strong foundation of data integrity and governance. We are looking for the best people to set our clients up for success, ensuring they can access and act on their terabytes of marketing data.
- Driving the advancement of PMG data infrastructure by designing and implementing the underlying logic and structure for how data is set up, cleansed, and ultimately stored for organizational usage.
- Defining, documenting, and evangelizing data usage and best practices across PMG.
- Scoping points of failure and creating effective logs and alerts to ensure continual data cleanliness and accuracy.
- Creating scripts to connect to APIs for Google, Facebook, SimilarWeb, etc., pulling and storing data for organizational use.
- Owning the end-to-end data process for one of PMGs lines of business.
- Building self-service solutions to help teams extract, analyze, and visualize their data faster.
- Interfacing with Data, Analytics, and Account Services teams to scope new use cases for structural data development.
- Helping guide the development of feature improvements to our suite of proprietary data-intensive tools.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- You have 1+ years of experience working with back-end data systems to create clean data structures for use across a business.
- Organization and structure bring you joy. You enjoy the process of seeing everything fit into a nice orderly system.
- You love solving good challenge. Taking a large problem, deconstructing it to make a plan of attack, and ultimately executing on that plan is something that excites you.
- You have an interest in learning more about the intricacies of how digital marketing channels work from a data-oriented perspective, or you have previous experience in these areas.
- Youre comfortable communicating and presenting complex topics and plans to people in the organization, regardless of their technical skill level.
- Youre a pro at writing complex SQL queries to manipulate data. Window functions and nested subqueries are second nature to you.
- You feel at home with the AWS infrastructure, including the use of Redshift, Lambda functions, and S3 buckets.