Senior Backend PHP Engineer
At Trovit we simplify search by centralising millions of ads from thousands of websites in just one click. To run a website with 100M visits per month in over 50 countries is certainly not a piece of cake but with more than 10 years of experience and a brilliant team behind the scenes we manage to help our users to make the best possible decision when they search for the life they want, every single day.
At Trovit you’ll find a small team doing big things in an actual start-up atmosphere. We set ourselves challenging goals, promote autonomy as a way to achieve ever-higher summits, interact and collaborate with humbleness and have a supportive approach as our main driver.
To enable a working environment where we can innovate faster, adapt quicker and have a bigger impact, our tech teams are working in a challenge based system, taking on new challenging projects every few months. This means that at Trovit you will have the opportunity to also challenge yourself, evolve, share your knowledge and apply your skills to several ambitious projects.
As a backend engineer, you will be utilizing mainly PHP and its related technologies to design, develop and implement projects derived of the challenges that we take on.
What you will do:
- Develop new features for our products and platform always keeping in mind the site performance
- Develop new projects to automatize operative processes and BI
- Develop new projects, from the definition of the architecture to the deployment to production on Kubernetes
- Thoroughly apply development best practices (Solid, Clean Code, TDD, CI/CD, Code Review etc.)
- Constantly contribute with fresh new ideas
- Proficiency with PHP 7, MySQL, Redis / Memcache or any other high-availability key-value storage system
- Rock solid experience with modern PHP Frameworks such as Symfony, Laravel or similar
- Experience working with Version control systems such as Git and branches flow management
- Great interest for Queue messaging system such as Beanstalk, RabbitMQ, also with debuggers and Profiler tools
- Software architecture modeling with DDD, Port&Adapters and other OOP patterns
- A problem solver with a devops mindset and a Team player are a musts because of our flat team structure
Will be a big plus:
- Solr, ElasticSearch, Sphinx or similar
- Message Distribution Systems such as Kafka, Mosquitto
- Basic LAMP platform administration
- Basic Frontend knowledge (JS, CSS3 y HTML5)
- Open source lover with full contributions in your Github account
- CI/CD flow knowledge (Gitlab CI, Jenkins)
- Container systems (Docker, Kubernetes)
What we offer you:
The most important thing that we offer at Trovit is our culture and an environment where everyone has the possibility to take on challenges, make an impact while learning and growing along the way.
We also offer several benefits and perks:
- Individual Training Budget
- Private medical insurance
- Restaurant vouchers
- In-house gym
- Internal training
- Free snacks, drinks and fresh fruit
- Two yearly retreats usually involving skiing or sunbathing
Does this sound like a mission made for you? Then we need to talk!