Senior Backend Software Engineer - PHP (f/m/d)
foodora is a Berlin-based food delivery service that partners exclusively with beloved local restaurants to deliver quality meals in 17 countries around the globe. We know the best that our cities offer and we’re bringing it online, enabling our customers to order their favorite food through our app (for iOS or Android) or web portal. We provide our restaurant-partners with an on-demand fleet of bicycle couriers, making it simple for customers around the world to access delicious meals.
We're currently expanding through Europe, Asia, Canada and we are always on the hunt for the brightest minds to join our team. Not only do we want to bring quality food to customers around the world, we also want to redefine delivery food to include the very best meals from beloved local restaurants.
- Help us to launch and maintain our successful platform all over the world.
- Variety of tasks regarding our product and its related services.
- Take part in designing, building and maintaining our highly complex and large platform serving thousands of customers everyday.
- Ensure the technical success and further enhancement of Foodora in an international scale.
- Encounter new challenges every day and be a part of the technical team who is responsible for enhancing and maturing our great product.
- Very good English speaking & writing skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field.
- Several years of relevant work experience in a technical role.
- Code quality, unit tests and scalability mean something to you.
- You feel comfortable owning complex systems.
- Ability to master any technology, language, or development environment that we might need in the future.
- Deep knowledge of PHP, wide experience with the Symfony2 framework is a big plus.
- Having experience with one or more of the following is an advantage but not a must-have.
- ElasticSearch, Redis, MySQL.
What We Offer:
- A modern office in the heart of Berlin, close to amazing restaurants and bars.
- An empowering, international and agile working environment.
- Responsibility from day one in an innovative and rapidly expanding tech business.
- Regular office parties and exciting team events.
- And a bunch of cool extras including a kicker table, table tennis, as well as free language classes and of course a monthly corporate discount for foodora!