Software Engineer : Fintech : Small Company, Big Opportunities
- PHP // MVC Framework // MongoDB // AWS // Jenkins // Docker
- No table tennis.
- Fintech startup
Want to work with one of the UK's most exciting Fintech startups? Are you passionate about disruptive start-ups in particular Fintech and possibilities for PSD2 and plugin banking? An excellent multi-tasker who can handle busy reactive situations? A disciplined hard worker willing to go the extra mile to get things done? Excited to own share options?
## Ok, tell me more...
At Chip, we save you money by moving small amounts from your bank account into a savings account. That’s it. Simple, but not sexy. We’ll also look after your overdraft, and saving you from those dreaded bank charges. That’s simple too, but still not sexy. Thankfully, it’s really effective, and a huge number of our users have also become our investors.
What’s simple for the user though, is incredibly complex behind the scenes. Which is why we’re doubling our engineering team. With that comes some new processes, as we strive to improve our workflow and communication across the organisation. It genuinely is a great time to join a Fintech company at the forefront of the Open Banking revolution.
Here’s where you come in:
We have one core product, built in PHP, that we’re porting from a monolith to a modern microservices architecture, while improving our codebase. It’s the usual fixing the plane while flying it, but what’s nice is that the plane isn’t on fire.
This means that your day-to-day won’t vary much. You’ll have the opportunity to build world-class, scalable, resilient code; with a heavy focus on test coverage, linting, and choosing spaces over tabs. Any experience working in lending, credit, gaming and P2P space would be a bonus. Don’t be quoting Richard from Silicon Valley to us, he’s a fictional character.
What we’re really looking for:
Although we’re in the financial space, and under the scrutiny that comes with it, the current engineering team works well together, and even sometimes with a smile. We’re sure you’ve got the technical skills, otherwise you would have stopped reading by now, so let us be clear in what will make us want to work with you.
We want a real person, with interests outside of code, to join our work family. You could be a dancer, a gamer, a musician, a parent, a hockey fan, or even that one person that still writes Twilight fan-fiction. Doesn’t matter to us.
At the interview stages will be looking for empathy, EQ, fun stories, have the ability to smile even when things are tough, and are strong communicators. Code monkeys need not apply.
We take our work and customers financial health very seriously, but not ourselves.
- £60,000 to £60,000 dependant on experience
- Share option scheme. We recently secured £4m in Series A funding valuing the company at over £18m. All the team have share options in the company as we work together to achieve a company valuation in excess of £1bn.
- 5% interest bonus on all Chip savings
- Workplace pension scheme
- Flexible working arrangements
- Unlimited holiday (28 days contracted + bank holidays + Xmas to New year but policy not to count)
- Free Classpass membership
- MacBook Pro or similar
- Based in the heart of Shoreditch, Bricklane and Spitalfields
- Opportunity to have a huge impact on our product while fast-tracking your knowledge, responsibility and skills in a high growth fintech startup.
- Monthly team lunches in a thriving food scene
Our Interview process:
- Phone Screen with someone from our Talent team
- Phone/Video Interview with a member of our engineering team
- Face to Face interview with the hiring manager
- Short take home test
- Final Interview (Talk through task and meet the wider team)
Chip. We’re the future of saving. Why not join us?
email: [email protected] if you have any questions