Product Manager, Security
Magento, an Adobe CompanyAustin, TX | Posted: 3 months ago
As the Product Manager for Security at Magento, you will be responsible for driving the capabilities and processes that will revolutionize how Magento security is done giving customers the confidence they need for superior shopping experiences. For this role, we are looking for the essentials: great problem-solving skills, strong attention to detail, and excellent written and oral communications. Technical depth and data analysis are required. A base knowledge of security software and best practices is required, and familiarity with Magento or commerce/experience platforms is a bonus. You will help security-focused customers, auditors and others solve their security and authentication needs.
You will drive success through your technical dexterity, comfort developing customer empathy, and ability to rally teams of engineers and other colleagues around a common goal. You will demonstrate your ability to participate in discussions with engineers, architects and other product managers but also be able to clearly articulate concrete business and customer reasoning to guide your technical decisions on security for Magento. You will think big but have an overwhelming motivation to roll up your sleeves and drive your ideas to reality. This role will report to the Senior Manager of Product Management, Merchant Experience for Magento.
· Subject Matter Expert for security at Magento, including presenting to executive audience and working with key security teams within Adobe
· Serve as Product Manager, performing qualitative and quantitative research in order to demonstrate a deep understanding of Magento business, customer needs; leverage this knowledge to justify and prioritize product roadmap.
· Serve as Product Owner, crafting high quality user stories, establishing and leading cross functional teams as necessary, and managing product features across multiple releases
· Collaborate with Adobe product and platform teams as well as the open source community, technology and solution partners part of the Magento ecosystem
· 2-4 years product management experience with a focus in Enterprise products; Magento familiarity a plus
· Familiarity with security best practices required including PCI, DSS, HIPAA, SOC and other standards
· Ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically
· Tremendous attention to detail; process-oriented and organized
· Creative problem solver, analytic thinker, and quick learner; strong conceptual and creative problem-solving skills; ability to work with considerable ambiguity
· Ability to manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment and adapt to evolving business initiatives
· Hands-on experience with web application development and systems for supporting data-intensive applications.
· Proficient in a SQL and a programming or scripting language (such as Java, Perl, PHP, Ruby, etc. ) is highly desired
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, CIS, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent preferred