Expert PHP Engineer (d/f/m)
What you will do:
- Design, develop, drive: Solution design, development, testing, shipping, monitoring and maintenance are all done by ourselves in our 80 different applications and services.
- Use your brain (a lot): Use your experience, hands-on and can-do attitudes to solve complex problems in one of the most prolific engineering teams in the vast startup hub of Berlin. (1600+ releases in 2017).
- Raise the bar: Your solutions and and technical advice are founded on your deep expert knowledge. You mastered a broad range of challenges throughout your career and are keen to solve problems with us that have never been solved before.
- Lead the pack: Small temporary project groups or new permanent teams get kicked off on regular basis. We always need leaders being ready to take over a business unit’s services or provide “POC and delivery” on untouched fields.
What you will learn:
- AUTO1 is disrupting the automotive industry. Most of the things we do have never been done before. Every day we are scaling and tuning the core platform and create tools to launch new green field applications.
- Cutting edge technology stacks and the drive to always think about the next thing to incorporate without getting bloated. All projects are on PHP 7.*, mainly using the symfony framework from versions 2.x to 4.x. We employ docker, mysql, postgresql, elasticsearch, supervisor and AWS technologies like ec2, ecs, sns/sqs, s3, elasticache and more.
- Migrating PHP MVC applications to modern 12factor microservices has its own challenges and these require creative approaches.
How you will progress:
- On the second day most new starters are ready to code.
- Around two weeks later your first lines of code will most probably hit production.
- In one month your impact to your team starts to become measurable.
- After half a year you will have significant domain knowledge of the topics you have been working on and be a contact point on this for all your peers.
- After one year at AUTO1 you have become a key strategy advisor for multiple projects of all sizes and impacts. As a core contributor to key projects and mentor of one of our teams you’re pushing forward on multiple business and technical challenges and drive them to success.
What you should bring:
- You are very smart and can understand complex problems swiftly.
- You have 9+ years of professional experience in PHP programming.
- You bring at least 5 years experience with symfony based technologies and have hands on experience with topics like security, authentication and horizontal and vertical scaling.
- You have good understanding of security, testing, monitoring, building and supporting of applications.
- You are using new possibilities of php 7.
What you will get:
- Relocation support that includes assistance with visa, apartment search, moving cost.
- A nice office in the heart of Berlin (Kreuzberg) with free drinks & fruits.
- The possibility to work with new technologies.
- Team and company events like Hackathons international nights, christmas party, soccer, etc.
- Attractive discounts on different services like gym, public transport, leisure activities.
Sounds interesting? Upload your CV with a note of your salary expectations. We are looking forward to your application.
+49 30 201 638 2071