Senior PHP Engineer
AUTO1 GROUPBucharest, Romania | Posted: 3 months ago
Our PHP engineers play a central role in the development of a variety of products, overcoming a range of various challenges. Taking full ownership for products: you are designing it, you are building it, you are running it, you are monitoring it. We are on the state that quality is the most important for us. We are actively testing code and performance, daily improving our environment by increasing automation and introducing new tools.
We are developing a micro services every week following hexagonal architectural pattern. We admit that we have legacy code, but in 90% of cases we extract business domain and migrating to new shiny microservice. We are fully dockerised on development and production (infrastructure as a code, thanks to Terraform). We are following DevOps practices that allows us to have a few deployments per day. More about us: php 7.*, newest Symfony, fully on AWS. EC2, ECS, SQS, SNS, S3, Lambda, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, ELK stack, Jenkins and more.
Join us. We are always looking for great PHP engineers.
What you will do:
- Design, develop, drive: Solution design, development, testing, shipping, monitoring and maintenance are all done by ourselves in our 80 different applications and services
- Use your brain (a lot): Use your experience, hands-on and can-do attitudes to solve complex problems in one of the most prolific engineering teams in the vast startup hub of Berlin. (1600+ releases in 2017)
- Raise the bar: Your personal skill set and solid experience bring direct impact to our teams. By sharing your views and experiences, you add to our diverse culture which makes everyone of us better every day
- Lead the pack: Small temporary project groups or new permanent teams get kicked off on regular basis. We always need leaders being ready to take over a business unit’s services or provide “POC and delivery” on untouched fields
What you will learn:
- AUTO1 is disrupting the automotive industry. Most of the things we do have never been done before. Every day we are scaling and tuning the core platform and create tools to launch new green field applications
- Cutting edge technology stacks and the drive to always think about the next thing to incorporate without getting bloated. All projects are on PHP 7.*, mainly using the symfony framework from versions 2.x to 4.x. We employ docker, mysql, postgresql, elasticsearch, supervisor and AWS technologies like ec2, ecs, sns/sqs, s3, elasticache and more
- Migrating PHP MVC applications to modern 12factor microservices has its own challenges and these require creative approaches
How you will progress:
- On the second day most new starters are ready to code
- Around two weeks later your first lines of code will most probably hit production
- In one month your impact to your team starts to become measurable
- After half a year you will have significant domain knowledge of the topics you have been working on and be a contact point on this for all your peers
- After one year at AUTO1 you have become a core committer to a two digit number of our applications, being broadly as much as deeply experienced with technical and business challenges in your team and its direct vicinity
What you should bring:
- You are very smart and can understand complex problems swiftly
- You have 3+ years of professional experience in PHP programming
- You have a good understanding php ecosystem
- You have a passionate opinion on how object-oriented PHP code and applications should ideally look like, but you’re not too dogmatic to ignore every-day needs of a business
- You bring at least 2 years experience with symfony based technologies
What you will get:
- A diverse, fun and open-minded team
- Work on previously unsolved challenges and experiment with new technologies
- Best chances to develop and grow at a market leading company on the rise
- Nice office in the heart of Bucharest
Sounds interesting? Upload your CV with a note of your salary expectations. We are looking forward to your application.
+40 721 843 922