Infrastructure Software Engineer (Private Cloud Platform) - Working in Japan
LINE CorporationFukuoka, Japan | Posted: 3 months ago
Both Japanese speakers and Non-Japanese speakers welcomed (if working in Fukuoka).
There are many English speakers working with the company. Successful applicants without Japanese language skills may be asked to attend a Japanese training course for half of every working day for at least 3 months ~ 12 months after arriving in Fukuoka. This training is paid for by the employer, and is an excellent chance to pick up new language skills. We encourage employees to reach JLPT Level 2 within few years of commencement.
Choose your work location depending on your Japanese language skills!
Non-Japanese Speakers: Assigned to Fukuoka office. However, those wishing to transfer to Tokyo office may do so after attaining basic conversational skills if desired.
Japanese Speakers: Can select Tokyo/ Fukuoka office if Japanese skills equivalent to JLPT Level 2 or above.
We are looking for experienced Machine Learning Engineers to join our group.
Many of the world's best engineers work with the company, and approximately 30% of them hail from overseas. Experienced IT engineers who can put the user's perspective first and wish to make a positive impact on the tens of millions of daily users are encouraged to apply!
We have multiple on-premise IT infrastructure sites with over 30,000 servers and 1Tbps internet traffic worldwide.
Our infrastructure is growing by 30% annually due to service growth and diversification.
A wide variety of applications are being deployed on the infrastructure everyday and there are more than 2,100 developers in over 10 locations worldwide.
With this scale of infrastructure and developers, learning and operating cost is too high for developers to deploy their applications with awareness of the infrastructure and its configuration.
We, infrastructure software engineers, are responsible for building and operating the platform which enables it to connect applications and infrastructure seamlessly using software techniques and methods.
In this position, You'll be responsible for OpenStack and its middleware of our private cloud platform "Verda" as follows.
- Resolving operation issues on multiple large scale OpenStack clusters
- Customizing and fixing bugs OSS (mainly OpenStack) to meet our requirements
- Troubleshoot our private cloud related softwares (OpenStack, Libvirt, QEMU, Dnsmasq, Kubernetes)
Skills & Requirements
- 3+ years of experience of server-side software engineering (C or Go or Python)
- Experience of software trouble shooting
- Knowledge of cloud service (network and storage and virtualization)
- Mind to learn new technologies positively
- Ability to use English (most of communications are done in English)
- Experience operating or integrating OpenStack or Kubernetes
- Ability to troubleshoot OSS with code-level
- Experience customizing OSS for company business requirements
- Experience of contributing OSS
- Experience operating or developing a distributed system
- Experience making presentations in tech conferences
Working hours: Discretionary and flexible according to abilities and speed of task completion; if all tasks and projects are completed well and on time, you do not need to stay in the office for extended periods of time.
Salary: Minimum salary starting from 6 million Japanese Yen per year (higher compensation will be provided based on skills and experience and is negotiable).
*Other details to be discussed during interviews.
Candidates CANNOT apply more than one position at a time.
You are welcome to reapply for any positions within the group again after a period of 12 months has passed.