Oh PollyGlasgow, UK | Posted: 3 months ago
We are looking for a PHP/Magento developer based in our Glasgow City Centre Office (Central Station). You will join a team of 4 working on the 5th fastest growing fast-fashion eCommerce website in the UK.
Normal working hours are 9am-5.30pm Monday-Friday. Some flexibility is available (i.e. 8am-4.30pm, or 10am-6.30pm).
- Developing both front and back-end of ohpolly.com on an on-going basis (Magento Community v1.9).
- Assisting with migrating ohpolly.com from Magento 1 to Magento 2.
- Assisting with launching an additional new brand website on Magento 2.
- Regularly performing Magento extension module upgrades and bug fixes.
- Conducting site performance and speed-optimisation reviews on a regular basis.
- Ensuring on-going PCI and GDPR compliance.
- Supporting business users with the various systems Oh Polly use.
- Junior: £25-32k
- Mid-weight: £32k-40k
- Senior: £40k+
What’s on Offer?
- Relocation allowance for exceptional candidates.
- Excellent opportunities for career progression.
- 50% discount on all Oh Polly products.
- Corporate gym membership.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- An extra day off for your birthday!
- Perkbox ( https://www.perkbox.com/uk ) with access to exclusive employee benefits, freebies and discounts – think half price cinema tickets and free mobile phone insurance!
- Pluralsight subscription ( https://www.pluralsight.com/ ).
- Budget allocation for tech conferences.
- Company Pension.
- Office Nespresso machine (for all the coffee lovers).
- Office Playstation.
- Your choice of Macbook Pro (OS X) or DELL XPS (Linux) laptop. 2 x rotating monitors setup.
- Department Wired Magazine subscription and other goodies.
- Flexible start time up to 10AM (finish time 6.30PM).
- Bright spacious offices.
- Company social events (Bowling, Go Karting etc) + occasional Pizza Friday's on the house.
In your cover letter you should write a few paragraphs (250 words maximum) which showcase your coding credentials and your passions for web development.
- Version control (git).
- Multi store Magento implementations.
- Magento e-commerce templates and layouts.
- Building custom Magento extensions and extending existing extensions.
- Server management and working with Linux.
- Semantically marked-up HTML.
- CSS, including experience with pre-processors (Sass).
- Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign for web production (e.g. cropping, masks, selection, layer comps, creating SVGs).
- Experience in developing responsive and mobile sites.
- Eye for detail and alignment as well as a solid understanding of UX/UI design.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Varnish, Elasticsearch, Nginx, MariaDB.
- Amazon Web Services, NewRelic, Puppet, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Pair programming.
- JIRA / Confluence.
- Agile (Scrum / Kanban).
- Build systems for front-end web development (e.g. Gulp, Grunt).
- Unit testing and Functional testing tools (e.g. PHPUnit, CodeceptionJS, Codeception, Browserstack).
- Dependency management with Composer for PHP.
- Competent in web services integrations (REST, SOAP).
- Magento certification.
You should be educated to degree level in a relevant subject area or have equivalent experience.
Are you up for the challenge?
Apply now via the application form.
Agency calls are not appreciated.