(Junior) PHP Developer (m/f) - Mainz, Germany
Vicampo.deMainz, Deutschland | Posted: 3 months ago
As with wine, great software is created by great people.
As a PHP Developer at VICAMPO you will be part of a motivated and dynamic SCRUM Team and will be responsible for defining new features and services with our stakeholders. You’ll implement them together with our User Experience and Design Team. In doing so, you’ll help us achieve our vision to improve the way people find and purchase wine on the Internet.
At the heart of Vicampo is our e-commerce platform. Written in PHP based on ZF1 it allows us a fast and flexible development. Usage of design patterns allow you to quickly find your way around our code base. A vagrant setup gets you coding the first day on the job, our on-boarding process couldn't be faster!
What you are going to do:
- Planning, designing and developing new features
- Optimizing and refactoring our code and infrastructure
- Working on recommendation engines
- Integrating different service providers (payment, shipment, etc.)
- Working closely together with stake holders
- Deploying code every day
What awaits you:
- Countless opportunities to utilize your strengths: no fixed job description or predefined roles. Take initiative and bring your expertise where it’s needed.
- Freedom: We built our own platform (primarily written in PHP) from the ground up, so we can grow flexibly and rapidly.
- Work autonomously with tools such as Docker to write and deploy real code.
- Project management: in our micro-service architecture, you’ll own at least one service and will be responsible for actively driving its development forward.
- Flat organizational structure: you will work closely with your coworkers and management alike.
- A dynamic, motivated and friendly team: We push and help each other, celebrate successes together, but also learn from mistakes together – there’s no need for unnecessary rat races here.
What we work with:
- PHP, MySQL, SOLR & Redis
- Git, Jira, PHP Storm
- AWS, Docker, Terraform & Ansible
- jQuery, Bootstrap, Vue.js & SASS
What we expect from you:
- As a backend developer, you will work with all levels of our software technology (Nginx, PHP, MySQL, SOLR, Redis).
- You have solid skills in object-oriented and functional programming.
- You highly value clean code and professional work environment.
- You come with knowledge of software design patterns and continuous deployment.
- You are ready to learn, open to new technologies, can develop solutions in a team and actively contribute your ideas.
- You can work autonomously and you are able to set and meet goals.
The total package of a great team, an energetic startup and love for wine is convincing? We can't wait to receive your application.