Application Development Manager
Wellington Insurance GroupDallas, TX | Posted: 3 months ago
Wellington is searching for an Application Development Manager to manage the Application/Development Team. This person would be responsible for the administration and supervision of all activities related to the design, development, and implementation of organizational information systems and software applications.
Duties Include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the pre-testing phase of development by evaluating proposals in order to identify potential problem areas and make the appropriate recommendations to upper management. Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications.
- Ensure development projects meet business requirements/goals and fulfill end-user requirements; identify and resolve systems issues relating to projects.
- Review and analyze existing application effectiveness and efficiency, and develop strategies for improving or leveraging systems. Design, develop, and install enhancements and upgrades to systems and application software.
- Manage the development and deployment of new applications, systems software, and/or enhancements to existing applications.
- Research and make recommendations on software products and services in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Ensure that any new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Manage and provide direction for the application development team in support of business operations. Provide technical leadership to project managers and programmers working on development project teams.
- Identify and resolve program errors.
- Liaise with network administrators and software engineers to assist with quality assurance, program logic, and data processing.
- Cultivate, disseminate, and enforce functional policies, procedures, and quality assurance best practices.
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of department budgets as needed.
- Responsible for managing projects which often take place during evening, weekend, and holiday hours.
- Minimum eight years of related experience.
- Bachelors degree (B.A or B.S.) from an accredited college or university, preferably in Computer Sciences, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical training in applicable programming languages and tools (i.e. RPG/LE, PHP, etc.), preferred.
- Strong knowledge of the homeowners insurance industry, preferred.
- Problem solving- proactively finding solutions to difficult or complex issues
- Communication- strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt to many different personalities
- Work ethic- demonstrate good attitude and judgment, discretion, and maintain high level of confidentiality
- Learning- commitment to continued training and learning to keep up with new industry and company changes
Benefits Include, but are not limited to:
- Compensation with potential profit sharing opportunities
- Health Savings Account
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Wellness Program participation incentives
- 401K and ROTH 401K
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Disclaimer: This document describes the minimum essential duties, responsibilities, skills, abilities, effort, and working conditions of the position. It in no way implies that these are the only functions to be performed by the incumbent and the functions may be modified by the supervisor at any time to meet Company needs. Workers are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any job-related functions requested by a supervisor or manager. Unless otherwise indicated, all job-related functions will be performed on-site at the Employers facility. Successful performance requires that the incumbent possess and utilize the abilities and skills described. All functions are subject to reasonable modification to accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some functions may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or others.
TOBACCO USERS NEED NOT APPLY.
Criminal background check, credit reporting disclosure and drug testing required.