Software Development Apprentice
Our Software Development Apprentices spend 8 months with us in our Columbus, Ohio office. As a Software Development Apprentice at CoverMyMeds, you create solutions that make our healthcare system work more efficiently and effectively in order to help millions of patients receive their prescription medications every year. You build products that our partners in healthcare use everyday, and innovate products that don't even exist yet. You work on small teams with other really smart developers with endless opportunities to take on responsibility and continue learning.
Our Tech Stack:
Ruby on Rails, Python, PHP, AngularJS, SQL-Server, PostgreSQL, Git, Elasticsearch, Capistrano, Redis, Sidekiq, Vagrant, Puppet, Apache, RSpec, Capybara, Cucumber, Watir
What You'll Do:
- Design and develop web applications and APIs for the CoverMyMeds product line
- Design and develop internal support software for our own awesome coworkers
- Develop and execute manual and automated tests to ensure our products are of the highest quality
- Help our world-class support team solve tough customer issues
- Contribute to and improve revision control and deployment in our fast-paced, agile environment
- Experience developing web applications
- Experience developing SQL database software
- Ability to thrive in a highly creative, collaborative, and dynamic environment
CoverMyMeds is one of the fastest growing healthcare technology companies in the US. We help prescribers and pharmacies submit Prior Authorization requests for any drug and nearly all health plans - 100% free - to get millions of patients on their medications every single year. Our team of highly-productive healthcare enthusiasts with a passion for helping others is the best thing about working here. On-site chef, flexible hours and paid benefits? Yeah, we have those too. But don’t take our word for it. We’ve been named to Glassdoor's top 50 places to work in the nation, Inc. 500’s list three times, were awarded one of the top places to work by Modern Healthcare and three times won best places to work in Columbus, Ohio.
CoverMyMeds is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to minority status, gender, disability or veteran status.
Want to learn more? We’re flattered. Check out: https://www.covermymeds.com/main/careers/