Python/PHP/Node.js Back-end developer - Cutting edge health tech startup
Chronomics LtdLondon, UK | Posted: 3 months ago
We are looking for a highly skilled backend developer with experience in at least one of these languages (Python/PHP/Node.js) and some dev ops (AWS) knowledge. As an early stage start-up we need someone with a can-do attitude who is happy to jump in and get their hands dirty which could be anything from learning GO, building a Lambda microservice or optimizing an AWS pipeline. You will get the chance to work with numerous different technologies, have a say in how we drive the company forward and learn a ton along the way.
Working alongside a team of PhD data scientists and bioinformaticians you will get to work on a cutting edge microservice architecture on AWS using serverless (Python/node.js) working with HUGE data (each DNA sample is 100GB…) to build a ground breaking epigenetics platform which is the first of its kind in the world.
- Can write secure, scalable, readable code in at least one or two languages
- Experience designing and scaling databases
- Designing, building, consuming AND documenting REST APIs
- AWS (Lambda/EC2/S3/ECS etc)
- Happy on the command line
- Agile development
- Familiarity with mobile and web development
- Work as part of a focused team, but at the same time self-driven and able to work independently
Nice to have:
- Some dev ops (CI/CD/Docker)
- Experience working on high scalability websites
- Experience with big data
- Have worked with genetics data
- Experience with serverless and microservices architecture
- Graph Databases
Our interview process consists of several stages, each one allowing us to get to know you better professionally and technically and providing you with the opportunity for you to gain a better understanding of our culture and the work we do.
- CV screening
- Phone interview
- Face to face interview & meet the team
Normally wear a suit to interviews? Probably not your gig..