Backend Software Engineer - Marketing Solutions
trivago N.V.Palma, Spain | Posted: 3 months ago
Are you a Software Engineer with a passion for marketing, who is looking for a position where you can see the impact of your work on a global platform daily?
Join our dynamic Marketing Engineering team as a Backend Developer and help shape the future of our high-quality marketing tools. If you thrive in an agile and fast-paced environment where no two days are the same, we want to hear from you!
Ready for the challenge? Read on and apply today!
What you'll do:
- Provide our Marketing teams with high quality tools to ensure their work experience is a breeze.
- Write clean testable code in PHP with Symfony 4.
- Participate in architecture decisions and innovative feature development tasks.
- Combine different data storage technologies to implement efficient and high-performing data retrieval.
- Use your creativity and problem-solving abilities to make a difference.
- Work in a cross-functional team with passionate experts from various fields.
What you'll definitely need:
- At least 3 years' experience in software development, ideally in web environment.
- Experience with PHP and any other languages.
- Experience with Symfony, MySQL and current web technologies in general.
- Willingness to develop maintainable and testable high-quality code.
- A solid understanding of modern web architecture.
- The ability to naturally follow good development practices like test automation, CI/CD, source version control, etc.
- An enjoyment of technical challenges and eagerness to explore new technologies.
- An academic degree in the field of IT or relevant experience in developing large applications.
- Fluent English (our company language).
What we'd love you to have:
- Experience with Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, Docker and Docker swarm
- Knowledge of Hadoop or AngularJS is also appreciated.
Life at trivago is:
- A unique culture with a strong sense of community and an agile, international work environment.
- The opportunity for self-driven individuals to have a direct impact on the business.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof is the driving force behind all decisions and determines the way forward.
- The chance to develop personally and professionally due to a strong feedback culture and access to training and workshops.
- Flexibility for all employees to contribute value and maintain a healthy work-life balance.
- An inspirational office space with world-class facilities that supports your health and happiness.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/
- trivago Spain SL is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.