RIIS LLCDetroit, MI | Posted: 3 months ago
Description: Responsible for website development of new website(s) on the WordPress platform.
Details: Candidates would be willing to work on-site majority; present for mid-morning stand up meetings; flexibility to work remotely or alternative hours is possible after some consideration. Candidates should have their own laptop for development, and be capable of cloning a git repository for local development to get up to speed quickly. Candidate will be the primary developer on a new web-project and will work with the project lead to create solutions for features, functionality and any bug-fixes.
Skills and Experience:
· Solid understanding of git version control
· Comfortable developing in a local environment and migrating database between environments (PROD/DEV/LOCAL) - MAMP; Local by Flywheel; Docker; Vagrant/VirtualBox; WP Migrate DB; AllInOneMigration; etc.
· Solid front-end skills and comfortable WordPress back-end design/development using - Custom Post Types; Advanced Custom Fields; Plugins; hooks/actions; microservices; APIs; etc.
· Experience developing custom WordPress themes - Bonus: Sage/Roots Starter Theme experience
· Build websites based on desktop mockups via Sketch, Photoshop, Adobe XD, etc.
· Experience with front-end frameworks or layout tools like: CSS Flexbox; CSS Grid; Bootstrap; Foundation; etc.
· Experience with build tools such as: gulp; Sass; webpack; etc.