At Railroad19, we develop customized software solutions and provide software development services.
We are currently seeking a full-stack developer that is fluent in PHP (7.x), Drupal (8.x) using Symfony, and other front-end technologies (jQuery, LESS, Bootstrap) to be a technical resource for the development of clean and maintainable code. In addition to contributing code and tangible deliverables the role is expected to work as an adviser to help identify, educate, and foster best-in-class solutions while very good at influencing and teaching their fellow technologists. Creating these relationships requires strong communication skills and some travel to the customer.
At Railroad19, you are part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed. We are headquartered in Saratoga Springs, New York, but we are a distributed team of developers across the US.
Travel daily to the Stamford Ct office, telecommuting 1-2 days.
This is a full-time role with vacation, full benefits and 401k. Railroad19 provides competitive compensation with excellent benefits and a great corporate culture.
The role is in Stamford, CT, only full time (NO- contractors, Corp-to-Corp or 1099).
- Foster strong relationships with key stakeholders and provide expertise as well as customer service to meet a wide variety of requirements
- Focus on maintaining a unified experience across multiple applications
- Collaborate with Product Managers and business teams to create elegant and intuitive experiences for enterprise users
- Develop and manage extensible, stable code bases for a variety of applications
- Provide fullstack architectural and esthetical thought leadership
- Stay current with the fast-changing landscape of browser-based application development
- Evaluate frameworks, technology, platforms and tooling solutions
- Support and troubleshoot issues (process & system), identify root cause, and proactively implement sustainable corrective actions
- Collaborate with other developers who share your passion for building software
Skills & Experience:
- Strong PHP 7.x development experience
- Hands on experience with Drupal 8 (using Symfony)
- Hands on experience with Bootstrap 3.x (using LESS)
- Experience with Cordova a “nice to have”
- Experience working with cloud hosted applications
- Demonstrates willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in delivering working software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience participating on an agile team
- Is self-directed and can effectively contribute with little supervision
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline; or equivalent work experience