Software Engineer II- Availability & Planning
WayfairBoston, MA | Posted: 3 months ago
We are looking for experienced, full-stack Engineering Leader to join our Supply Chain Engineering's Availability and Planning team, that owns the complex, evolving logic that drives a simple purpose: telling a customer when we think we can deliver their order. This is, fundamentally, a prediction. And making that prediction requires synthesizing information from thousands of warehouses, thousands of carriers terminals, and hundreds of thousands of customer locations. And we have to make the prediction in under 10 milliseconds.
The team is looking for people to help our ongoing efforts to scale, including web service traffic (100M requests/day), supply chain data processing in SQL (100M rows/day), and event-driven messaging systems generating searchable predictions for a large catalog (10M products). Our ideal engineer has a background working with complex data structures, distributed systems, and fast iteration in an agile environment. We are looking a motivated person who enjoys innovation, and wants to lead and mentor a fast-growing team.
Our ideal engineer has a background working with complex data systems and fast iteration in an agile environment. We deeply value: curiosity, collaboration, and an eagerness to make an impact on the business.
- Expanded delivery predictions for weekend, same-day, and international carrier networks
- Dynamically routing orders based on optimized inventory replenishment strategies
- Packing algorithms to support product bundling and opportunities for reduced ship costs
An ideal candidate will:
- Have 3+ years of relevant experience with database-backed applications, including schema design and complex reporting
- Have experience with PHP or similar scripting languages (or eager to learn)
- Be strongly motivated to apply technical skills to solve tough business problems