Full-Stack Developer (React, nodeJS, PHP)
We are a niche web design and development company seeking a Full Stack Web Developer with a diverse skill set. Our core technology product is a CMS that has been built to the specific needs of our niche market; we implement this CMS (front and back end) for every client and then manage the ongoing hosting and maintenance. We're currently building the new version of our CMS with a React front end, driven by a nodeJS API.
An ideal candidate is experienced with developing dynamic websites, having been involved in all technical aspects of web development (front and back end, server, database, CI, etc.) - preferably at a small- or medium-size agency similar to ours.
We're a small team, so we're looking for someone who is comfortable making (and taking responsibility for) big decisions, and who can work both collaboratively and autonomously. We support diversity in tech, so women, people of color, and LGBTQIA people are encouraged to apply.
- Maintaining and improving our technology product (a CMS based on a popular PHP framework) through deep feature development, refactoring, and optimization.
- Maintaining, monitoring and optimizing our hosting environment (multiple dedicated Linux servers, load balanced).
- Collaborating with our Director of Technology on building the next generation of our product (React, nodeJS). It's almost complete!
- Programmatically migrating large amounts of data from one database structure to another.
- PHP (advanced)
- MySQL (expert)
- Linux/Ubuntu (strong)
- nginx (strong)
- nodeJS (strong)
- git (strong)
- technical documentation (strong)
- continuous integration (strongly desired)
- Elasticsearch (strongly desired)
- React (desired)
- WordPress (desired)