Full Stack Developer
Crain CommunicationsDetroit, MI | Posted: 4 months ago
Crain Communications is looking for a Drupal Full Stack Developer to add it its team. In this role, you will work alongside a team of bright, interesting and enthusiastic peers, as well experienced Web Developers and Technologists to help build and maintain exceptional user experiences for our editorial, research and other products.
In this role, youll be responsible for back-end development, as well as site building and architecture. The ideal candidate will also be able to plan and implement migration of an existing Drupal 7 site to Drupal 8, including data and custom modules along with various other responsibilities. This position will be located in our downtown Detroit office.
- Create, improve, and extend website functionality in Drupal 7/8 applications by building views, content types, blocks, panels, user roles/permissions, etc.
- Select appropriate community-contributed Drupal modules to satisfy functional requirements
- Develop custom Drupal modules in PHP where necessary, utilizing Drupal community best practices for code structure and style
- Test, troubleshoot, triage and remediate functional defects.
- Communicate clearly and effectively about technical issues and resolutions, both within the team and to external clients and stakeholders
- Join an Agile/Scrum development team, participating in daily stand-up meetings, sprint planning, retrospectives, and other Scrum ceremonies
- Assist fellow engineers with technical problem-solving
- Write clean, maintainable and extensible code using platform and industry standards
- Oversee system administration, including deployments and configuration management
- Monitor and report website performance issues and coordinate with the server team to mitigate vulnerabilities
- Reliably deliver assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner and take ownership of the product delivery
- Other duties as required
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or the equivalent of education, certification, or work experience
- 5+ years experience developing web solutions in Drupal and PHP implementations in a LAMP environment; minimum 1 year of Drupal 8 experience required
- Ability to architect Drupal solutions including data, display, and information architecture
- 3+ years experience creating custom Drupal modules
- Knowledge of component-based or atomic design practices
- Experience with version control using Git, including managing branches, is required
- Thorough understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle and exposure to Agile or iterative software design practices
- Experience working with APIs, integrating with external web services (REST, XML, JSON) or third-party tools
- Strong client-facing skills and ability to communicate technical subject-matter in non-technical terms
- Masters degree in Computer Science or related discipline
Crain Communications has been at the forefront of the publishing industry for more than a century. Combining information with innovation, Crain delivers the story you cant get anywhere else. As a privately held company, we maintain a personal responsibility for elevating our work to be the best it can be. Every editor, reporter and correspondent at Crain shares the responsibility of ensuring the editorial independence and importance of our work. With an Audience First focus and uncompromising integrity, we strive to make a real impact for the individuals and industries we serve. While other media companies report the news, Crain gives it meaning. We add context to content, infuse information with insights, and initiate connections as well as conversations.
Crain Communications offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, profit sharing, and a friendly work environment. This is a great time to join our organization -- a profitable, well established publishing leader.