Web Site Designer/Developer, Senior
Design | Architecture | Creativity | Technical
The Web Site Designer/Developer, Senior will research existing and new technologies for implementation on web sites. This position will also design and/or develop associated databases and user interfaces and will consult /advise users regarding accessibility, usability, and aesthetic appeal of web sites. Assignments include web site design and/or web site development.
The University of Arizona College of Medicine Phoenix anchors the 28-acre Phoenix Biomedical Campus in the heart of the Valley of the Sun. The College inspires and trains individuals to become exemplary physicians, scientists and leaders who are life-long learners and inquisitive scholars. We embrace professionalism, innovation and collaboration to optimize health and health care for all. The Phoenix Biomedical Campus embodies the Universitys priorities of engagement, partnership, innovation, and synergy in its world-class academic and research initiatives, with clinical facilities throughout Greater Phoenix. The campus also houses the UA Colleges of Public Health, Pharmacy, and Nursing, as well as Northern Arizona Universitys College of Health and Human Services, the Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen) and the International Genomics Consortium.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state retirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been listed by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers in the United States and WorldatWork and the Arizona Department of Health Services have recognized us for our innovative work-life programs.
Duties & Responsibilites
- rches and compiles information concerning new web site design software. (Web Site Design).
- Designs user interfaces including menus and navigational tools to maximize web site usability. (Web Site Design).
- Designs original graphics and multi-media for web sites. Researches and implements graphical and multi-media web software and applications including text, audio, graphics, animation, video and interactive elements. (Web Site Design).
- Consults with and advises content providers regarding accessibility, usability and aesthetic appeal of web sites. Assists content providers in designing web pages for use by individuals with a range of visual, auditory, motor/mobility and cognitive abilities. (Web Site Design).
- Participates as a team member in web site development/design projects. (Web Site Design).
- Researches web site development software. (Web Site Development).
- Develops and maintains user interfaces including menus and navigational tools to maximize web site usability and databases associated with web sites. (Web Site Development).
- Designs databases associated with web sites. (Web Site Development).
- Assists content providers in developing and maintaining web sites for use by individuals with a range of visual, auditory, motor/mobility and cognitive abilities. (Web Site Development).
- Implements and maintains web site architecture, programs and scripts. (Web Site Development).
- Participates as a team member in web site development/design projects. (Web Site Development).
- May participate in web server hardware/software administration. (Web Site Development).
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- edge of current and emerging multi-media and/or web site development software.
- Knowledge of web site architecture.
- Knowledge of web standards and protocols including usability and accessibility standards.
- Skill in web site development and/or design including database development and interface and navigation tool design.
- Skill in researching and using new web site development/design software.
- Skill in designing or developing usable and accessible web sites and/or original graphics.
- Skill in providing consultation regarding web site design/development projects.
- Ability to work with diverse team members/users.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Please see Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications below.
Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications
Five years of progressively responsible web site design and/or development experience; OR, Associates degree in a related field AND four years of web site design and/or development experience; OR, Bachelors degree in a related field AND two years of web site design and/or development experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
- ng and understanding object-oriented PHP.
- Experience with Laravel 5 PHP Framework.
- Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL databases and their declarative query languages.
- Ability to learn quickly and operate in a fast-pace environment.
- GIT version control workflows.
- Experience using Jira.
- Proficiency in design patterns.
- REST API design.
- Experience with other PHP frameworks.
- MySQL profiling and query optimization.
- Understanding of MVC design patterns.