Director of Engineering Chief Software Architect
Location: Downtown San Diego
Who We are Looking for in a Nutshell
A bright, well-spoken natural leader and team builder that our software engineers and professionals want to follow and learn from. We are looking for a hands-on leader that that is always looking to implement current technologies and best practices. Our perfect candidate will be well rounded, but an excellent coder that can get in the trenches and mentor our software engineers through code reviews and detailed code discussions. Finally, our Director of Engineering Chief Software Architect will have excellent vision and the ability to see and understand our enterprise requirements and architect solutions that we will allow for further dramatic growth.
Job Description (your roll):
As Director of Engineering and Chief Software Architect you will report directly to the CEO and be responsible for managing our software development team of 10 including recruiting (growing), mentoring and training front end, back end, and quality engineers and designers. You will also lead the design and architecture of the next generation of our internal systems replacing legacy technical debt with state-of-the-art design to enable faster product and feature creation in our big data environment
Our Industry and Company Environment:
Candidate must have the desire to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment in the B2B technology marketing and big data space working with highly motivated co-workers in our downtown San Diego office.
- Architect and develop our big data driven internal and external products and services. Any AI experience is a plus.
- Provide technical leadership and drive best practices for code development, review, testing, and deployment that will ensure high quality releases to production.
- Lead day-to-day management of the software team including stand-ups, code reviews, and project prioritization.
- Work with cross functional leaders to manage existing and new product development along with handling current production issues.
- Articulate high-level technical strategies and product vision; encourage and facilitate technical discussions and promote cross-functional projects.
- Grow the team by sourcing, hiring, and onboarding top talented and passionate engineers.
- Lead performance coaching and career development for new and existing engineers.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other algorithmic-centric discipline.
- At minimum 10 years as a hands-on engineer doing object-oriented programming with 5+ years of success leading development teams
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in the agile software development.
- Strong understanding of back-end development using system languages: PHP (Symfony), Python, and Java.
- Strong understanding of relational (MYSQL, MSSQL) database development coupled with Elasticsearch, Redis, MongoDB, Ceph.
- Strong experience working with very large data sets and solutions to deliver data to users instantly.
- Strong understanding of application lifecycle management tools for source control, continuous integration and deployment, and various areas of testing (unit, integration, load, performance and vulnerability).
- Good understanding of network and hardware infrastructure as it relates to application development, configuration and support.
$185k to $250k (DOE), health insurance, 401k plan, generous vacation and holiday plan, an opportunity to make a difference!
Location - 101 W Broadway, San Diego, CA