QA Analyst (PHP)
Original Services Group (OSG)Phoenix, AZ | Posted: 4 months ago
Job Title: QA Analyst
The QA Analyst will ensure that the multiple PHP web applications, both back end and front end, are stable through a high level of thorough testing. This includes several front-end, user-facing websites, in-office front-end management applications, and several REST API services used for data access and integration. As our QA environment progresses, we need an individual to gauge the effectiveness of our testing techniques, understand our overall code coverage level, and keep up with new technologies that progress our ability to ensure that we have a high quality test environment.
- Monitoring applications for code coverage, and reporting on coverage across all applications on a regular basis
- Ensuring that existing test suites are sufficiently robust and relevant, and that any areas lacking in test coverage are known
- Keeping up with software QA best practices, and helping document and advocating for any new testing procedures or technologies that our team could benefit from
- Able to understand the flow of software projects from development to testing to deployment, and can help the process function effectively and efficiently to deliver solid applications
You have experience in PHP code bases, and have built test suites for large-scale frameworks to ensure code quality and application uptime. You have a passion for learning new testing practices and technologies, and implementing them to better improve both the quality of your tests as well as the automation that runs them. You can write code enough to understand the applications that are being tested, and want to continuously grow your technical understanding.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or systems preferred but not required
- Must Have 1-3 years of QA experience in a web-based environment
- Must Have 1-3 years of PHP experience in a web-based environment
- Experience in E-Commerce a plus
- Experience with PHPUnit and/or other unit testing frameworks for PHP
- Experience with Selenium web drivers, with Laravel Dusk being a plus
- Proficient in SQL