Senior Software Engineer
Scale IncSherman Oaks, CA | Posted: 3 months ago
Scale is an upstart eCommerce company creating best-in-class medical supplements and beauty products. We use an analytical approach and technology to power our growth engine, and are looking for an experienced full-stack engineer to join and lead the technical direction of our web properties. You’ll work with our team of engineers to build and maintain features that create rich and compelling experiences for our customers, and expand the platform that drives our business operations.
- You will evaluate and recommend solutions, and guide team decision making
- You will work with the design and operations teams to build new features
- You will document the systems you help build
- You will coordinate with brand and marketing leadership to define and prioritize projects that help us meet business objectives
- You will mentor, pair, and delegate work to encourage the professional and technical growth of those around you
- You will work with support to triage and debug technical support requests
- At least 5 years experience developing web applications
- 3+ years of PHP experience with an MVC framework
- SQL and general database knowledge
- Experience with APIs and web-services
- Solid knowledge of testing principles
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
Who We Are:
Scale owns and operates several brands in the health and beauty verticals - (our biggest, 1MD, Hair Le Vie ). We formulate best-in-class supplement and care products based on clinical studies and in partnership with doctors and medical labs.
We sell our products online on eCommerce websites that are powered by our in-house eCommerce platform, built with the Zend Framework (LEMP stack). Our eCommerce platform controls every aspect of our websites as well as many of our business operations, such as customer service, inventory management, deep reporting and analytics and much more.
Why You Should Join:
At Scale you’ll be joining our existing team of skilled and passionate developers in a leadership position, and will have the opportunity to greatly impact the technical direction of our company. Technology provides the infrastructure to everything we do, and your contribution can determine the success and growth of our company.
Development work at Scale is varied and challenging. We’re always trying to push the envelope with how we can use technology to drive business processes. We collect and process large amount of data to inform business decisions on a daily basis. We are constantly optimizing and improving the user experience we provide our customers.
If this sounds like a workplace you could thrive in, we would love to hear from you!