Senior Software Developer
PMG Advertising AgencyDallas, TX | Posted: 3 months ago
Looking to hire a Software Developer with DevOps experience to work in a fast-paced environment. You will be working as part of our team to help drive the technologies behind our internal tooling. You have a meticulous eye for assessing development requirements and needs, and are willing to advise and help mentor existing team members.
Understanding of HTTP protocol, web security, AWS, and test-driven development is a must. Practical knowledge of Linux and command-line tools is also expected. Some nice to haves would be experience in docker or other virtualization software, and relational databases.
- You will be responsible for interfacing with the other teams that use our tools to gather requirements and help educate around tool usage. Our coworkers are our clients, and we love working with them.
- Leading technical architecture discussions and helping drive technical decisions
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers
- Learning how to develop applications using Behavioral and Test Driven Development (BDD / TDD)
- Helping create internal software for our account and performance teams
- Analyzing client data to build new insights and generating reporting dashboards
- Working with our Account Services to implement technical solutions to client problems
- Troubleshooting technical issues with marketing campaigns and client sites
Skills & Experience Needed:
- 2-5 years of related work experience
- Bachelors degree
- PHP 7.x, Node or other Backend Language
- Experience with oAuth (1 & 2) and APIs, Facebook and Google are a plus
- Experience with AWS including EC2 + Containers + Autoscaling
- Experience with Database Design (Postgres is a plus)
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Be willing to learn new technologies in a short amount of time
You'll Be Successful If:
- You have experience using ReactJS
- You have experience with Symfony or similar
- You enjoy writing tools, libraries, and applications that help others.
- You think Linux (Unix based OSes) is the bees knees and you know your way around the operating system.
- Understand the importance of Docker and use it to dev, test, and run code.
- Use AWS for running our solutions in the cloud.
- Understand the importance of infrastructure-as-code and use it to manage and deploy the entire stack.
- You have additional experience in backend technologies such as Python 3.x, PHP 7.x, GO, or NodeJS.
- Any existing digital advertising experience is a plus.