LingraphicaPrinceton, NJ | Posted: 3 months ago
We are looking for a software engineer to join our team as a web developer. Our team manages several consumer-facing products and websites and internal applications for our organization, and we are looking for someone with skills and experience in back end web development and integrating applications.
We believe in using the right tool for the job, and our technology stack contains Unity based applications, Web applications built in Ruby on Rails, Android Java, iOS, Serverless with Lambda, WordPress and our cloud-based deployments are primarily on AWS.
As the Web developer on our team, you will be the resident expert on back end development on web properties built in WordPress and task automation frameworks like Zapier and MS Flow. You will also work on other aspects of the active projects as needed by the team.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Maintain and enhance our websites (primarily in WordPress)
- Integrate our applications and services through APIs
- Triage and resolve reported bugs and issues
- Be an active member of the product development group.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Making recommendations for technical solutions that meet business requirements.
- Refactor older parts of our applications, to improve maintainability and extensibility.
- Manage hosting and deployments as an active part of our dev ops setup.
Skills and Competencies
- A passion for web development
- Experience in PHP and LAMP Stack with expertise in WordPress sites. We are looking for specific experience in building plugins, configuring custom post types etc.
- Experience in API integration with 3rd party services
- Practical Git knowledge
- Working knowledge of relational databases like MySQL or Postgres
- Experience with AWS
Education & Certifications
- B.S. or Associates in Computer Science or related field or relevant industry experience.
- 1 to 2 years of professional experience in WordPress/ PHP
- Continuous integration framework set up experience.
- Practical experience in deploying cloud-native solutions in AWS.