Plotwise is a Planning Service Provider and shapes the new standard for distribution planning. By using our API, our pick-up and delivery customers are able to dynamically plan their distribution of goods in the most efficient way possible. To make it very simple, we help them deal with the increasing amount of online orders and demanding customers who want their purchases delivered within a day, at a specific time slot and location...and even change it last minute. Currently our customers are mostly situated in the Benelux and are expanding rapidly across the world. A solid implementation is key to provide an excellent customer service to our clients. We therefore are urgently seeking for a
Algorithm Engineer ‘Your cutting edge algorithms and combinatorial optimizations solve real concrete mobility issues"
Job profile As our Algorithm Engineer you are responsible for understanding, managing, maintaining and improving our libraries used for planning delivery routes for our various customers. You are an excellent programmer with knowledge of combinatorial algorithms, especially the Traveling Salesman Problem. In this role you will work closely together with tech and product teams and report directly to our Lead Algorithm Engineer.
As our Algorithm Engineer you will:
- Take ownership of our existing libraries for solving the route planning and optimization.
- Maintain, improve and document our existing code base.
- Refactor and simplify existing solutions to business problems.
- Optimize code for performance.
- Identify the key underlying problems faced by our customers and develop solutions.
In order to be successful you have:
- 5+ years of working experience with a background in Computer Science and Mathematics working with combinatorial optimization, specifically graph theory and TSP.
- Excellent Python programmer, both in the 2.x and 3.x families with knowledge of C/C++ and Cython.
- Knowledge of code optimization, including profiling and identifying and overcoming bottlenecks.
- Basic familiarity with software workflow and processes: git, git-flows.
- You are a self-starter and problem solver by nature.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and in writing (Dutch and English).
What we offer
- A spot on our topnotch Algorithms team where you will make an impact on solving the delivery crisis.
- A competitive salary.
- An inspiring office in Delft (nearby the city center).
- An international team with highly skilled (tech)professionals.
- Weekly and monthly team meetings.
- Daily healthy lunch and fresh coffee.
- Office massage and Yoga classes.
- Lots of social events such as quarterly team building activities and Friday drinks.
Interested? Apply via the application form.
We are only interested in individual applications, recruitment agencies need not contact us concerning this vacancy.