Senior Software Engineer
The successful candidate must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. This role requires the ability to work with little direct supervision on multiple projects concurrently. Additionally, the Senior Engineer must be willing and able to coordinate the work of junior staff as well as lead the engineering team. Superior communication skills, the ability to work across the organization, excellent analytical skills, a professional demeanor and the ability to participate in an Agile team environment are keys to this position.
Senior Engineers are responsible for the analysis, estimation, design, implementation, deployment, management and daily operations of the technology infrastructure. They are also tasked with driving and implementing operational improvements through optimization of system performance, automation and judicious use of technology. Technology architecture strength and operational rigor are capabilities needed to successfully execute this position.
- Working experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems
- Working experience realizing applications from conception and design, to implementation and support
- Ability to mentor more junior engineers as well as other team members in our QA roles
- Work with our Quality Assurance, Release Engineering, and Site Operations teams to get our releases into production
- Assist in production support and on-call duty as needed
- Providing recommendations on tools to monitor and support all environments and implement as necessary
- Be comfortable and confident explaining thoughts/philosophy around software engineering and architectural decisions
- Devotion to continuing education on an annual basis
- 5-10 years software development experience
- Working experience with AWS platform; DynamoDB, Lambda, S3, CloudWatch, and SNS
- Strong knowledge of web application frameworks and patterns (Rails, JSF, MVC)
- User Interface (UI) development experience
- Experience with high volume, external customer facing web applications is strongly preferred
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion.www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.