Associate Software Engineer
Network Merchants LLCRoselle, IL | Posted: 3 months ago
NMI is an international market-leading FinTech company. A Payment Gateway which develops the most trusted payments software for customers in 38 countries across the world. With offices in Bristol, Chicago, Salt Lake City and New York, our payment technology powers millions of card payment transactions, worth billions, securely and reliably, worldwide. In fact, you've probably already used our software without even realizing it. Whether you were ordering a burger, paying for parking or booking a train ticket, we power the communication of so many payments that there's a good chance you've already used the NMI payment gateway, without even knowing it.
If you want to join a team of industry leading experts, are passionate, talented, and ambitious and want to drive the continued development, we want to hear from you!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Write secure, clean software that scales with concurrency.
- Write unit, application level and system tests.
- Update and maintain the payment gateway system.
- Document code, concepts, business logic, and logistics.
- Design and develop new features and interfaces using modern web programming paradigms.
- Build and maintain secure APIs.
- Create efficient database queries.
- Bachelor of Arts/Science in Computer science or other experience commensurate.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience developing complex applications.
- Expertise in design patterns.
- Fluency in all aspects of PHP development and the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Expertise with MySQL.
- Working knowledge of Linux.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with others.
- Must be an independent and critical thinker.
Key Competencies Required
- Decision Making
- Analytical Problem Solving
- Drive for Excellence
- Continuous Learning
- Clear Communication
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Vacation and Sick time
- 13.5 Paid Holidays (including your birthday)
- Life, ADD and LTD insurance
- 401k Matching
- Casual Dress
- Flex-time scheduling
- Fun Culture Events (Mini-golf in the office, Chili Cook-offs, Game nights, Book Club)
NMI is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation or sexual identity, genetic information, citizen status (except those that do not have the legal right to be employed in the United States), disability, military service, service member, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.