AccuraGenMenlo Park | Posted: 3 months ago
Our company is a Silicon Valley based biotech startup focusing on non-invasive diagnostics (liquid biopsy) to facilitate early detection of cancer. We are developing systems that will provide the most sensitive, accurate, and robust NGS-based ctDNA mutation detection.
We are looking for a highly motivated Engineer to join our Bioinformatics team. In this position, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving our custom bioinformatics pipeline and our proprietary code base. You would be developing new methods and implement algorithms in an R&D and production setting. As part of a small and efficient team you will be able to contribute significantly to the improvement of AccuraGen’s products and studies.
The ideal candidate can work independently, bring in own ideas, and work efficiently as part of an interdisciplinary team. The position requires experience in best practice software development with comprehensive knowledge of standard Bioinformatics algorithms and tools. Previous experience in large data analysis, statistical background and machine-learning methods are a plus.
Last, but not least we are looking for someone who fits well in our team and enjoys working together on solving interesting challenges
- Bachelors or Masters in Bioinformatics or Computer Science. (If Bachelors degree, some additional experience working in industry is required)
- Demonstrated excellent coding skill in at least one language (Python, Java, C, etc.)
- Knowledge about parallel computing and cloud computing (e.g. AWS)
- Proficiency in Linux environment.
- Knowledge of best practice software development (version control, unit test, testing frameworks, documentation)
- Good understanding of NGS data, experienced with NGS data analysis and statistical modeling is a plus
- Enthusiastic to work as part of cross disciplinary R&D team.
Interested? Apply via the application form.
Acquisition is not appreciated.