This role will support the maintenance of several websites hosting editorially independent online publications covering research in autism, data and life sciences, mathematics and physics, as well as sites providing information about the foundation's support of basic and applied research.
- Support back-end and front-end web development for a diverse collection of foundation-affiliated websites, many built on WordPress
- Work collaboratively and closely with editors, front-end designers, web producers and other developers
- Effectively manage priorities for multiple concurrent projects
- Communicate with stakeholders to gather requirements and ensure their needs are being met
- Adapt to changing requirements
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or required
- A bachelor's degree is required
- Proficient with WordPress, with 3+ years of experience developing custom WP sites
- Advanced expertise with PHP and MySQL
- Deep understanding of HTML and CSS
- Experience with React or similar JS libraries or frameworks
- Experience with responsive web development
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient with version control tools, such as Git and SVN.
- Portfolio of work products that function well on multiple device types
- Background in User Experience and User Interface design
- Experience with Python and Django
- Experience with responsive web design, integration and usability testing
- Experience with high-volume websites and/ or journalistic websites
- Comfort with Adobe Creative Cloud
THE SIMONS FOUNDATION'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment. The Simons Foundation provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.