Senior Magento Developer
JDA TSG is looking for a Senior Magento Developer to join our team for of one of our critical client relationships. This is a contract to hire position. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who brings a strong business acumen, exceptional Magento 2.x experience and unquestioned accountability of ownership of this Magento platform. We are looking for a Magento rock star with a proven Magento track record.
LOCATION: To be considered, you must reside in the Minneapolis metropolitan area and be able to commute to Chaska, MN.
Scope of Work
The ideal candidate will monitor and maintain all operational aspects of mypillow.com and mypillow.ca including performance, patching, server maintenance, etc. They will be responsible for troubleshooting and fixing all issues with the platform and maintaining its availability during and out of normal business hours. The ideal candidate will also architect, design and develop solutions/changes to the platform to increase conversions and sales. They will also need to maintain a continuous integration environment to facilitate real world/pre-production testing and QA as well as a quick, repeatable, and safe deployment scheme that will not incur any downtime on production systems.
Required Skills and Experience
- 2+ years with heavy experience with Magento (Magento 2 is highly preferred)
- Expert knowledge working with web applications from the backend through front end tier
- Experience operating, deploying, and managing high volume e-commerce environments
- Experience with various frameworks/tools such MS SQL, MySQL, and Git
- Experience with Linux (Centos, Ubuntu, etc.)
- Experience with Varnish
- Experience with cloud services such as AWS and Azure
- Strong knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Strong knowledge of vulnerability and performance of web applications
- Strong knowledge of requirements analysis
- Magento 2 certification(s) a plus (Certified Professional Developer preferred)
- Strong presentation skills; skilled and effective at presenting to both technical and business audiences
- Clear and articulate speaking skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability. Can command a room with creative thinking and solution modeling