Rapid Prototyping Software Engineer
The Rapid Prototyping Software Engineer will join a dynamic team supporting a Department of Defense project.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to;
- Developing for modifying existing software to satisfy critical mission needs in a rapid time frame (within minutes to a week)
- Developing new analyst ideas into prototypes in short periods of time (1-10 days)
- Coming up with innovative new solutions to solve mission needs
The most successful candidates:
- Are willing to learn new things as needed on the job and work in a dynamic mission-oriented environment.
- Are okay with sacrificing perfection for speed (strive for an 80% solution that can be done ASAP rather than expending a long development effort to get the software to 99% perfection)
- Enjoy the pressure / benefits of rapid development (and near-immediate feedback on the software developed by mission elements)
- Are able to work very independently and are self-motivated
- Are able and willing to do whatever technical tasks (other than programming) to get the job done (ex: Install and configure an OS, deploy and configure software via rpm and yum, etc.)
- Have a solid understanding of networks and network protocols
Skills & Requirements
Clearance Requirements: Top Secret/SCI with polygraph & US Citizenship Required
Seven (7) years of experience in software development technologies and methodologies. (Relevant degree may be applied.)