Position Summary: The Systems Administrator is accountable for systems availability, functionality, security, and monitoring and performance optimization. A demonstrated ability to work in a high availability environment is required. You will be working in a technology-driven payment processing company where security and reliability are paramount.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following and other duties may be assigned:
- Provide administration support to the Bluefin server enterprise
- Maintain and deploy systems within our virtual and cloud enterprise
- Work on projects pertaining to deployment of server environments as a technical representative
- Create automation/script processes to further streamline team workflows
- Maintain and conduct daily work using a ticket queue
- Provide limited after-hours support to servers (on-call)
- Work closely with software and hardware vendors
- Create documentation to support systems implementations
- Expand and maintain our automation infrastructure
- Maintain and upgrade our existing Linux and Windows Infrastructure
- Design, implement, and manage complex systems and configurations in a multi-site environment
- Provide assistance in troubleshooting production issues
- Create and maintain high-quality documentation of all relevant specifications, systems, and procedures
- Work as a partner with development to optimize product performance and manageability
- Provide assistance in maintaining Corporate IT infrastructure
- Protects organizations value by keeping marketing and product information confidential.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Ability to troubleshoot issues in complex production environments.
- Ability to plan, document, and execute tasks effectively given minimum supervision within a structured, highly available environment.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP network protocols and common system protocols such as SNMP, SMTP, DNS, FTP(S), SSH, HTTP.
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure administration a strong plus (AWS)
- Expert knowledge of Server Virtualization (VMWare 6.x)
- Apache httpd and Tomcat, NGINX
- Some familiarity with PHP, Perl and Node.js
- Maintain distributed and replicating MySQL and Mongo databases
- Experience with load balancers and GSLB implementations.
- Experience with Web App firewalls (Imperva, F5 WAF)
- Maintain SAN
- Experience with Logging technologies (Splunk, Graylog)
- Understanding of Encryption techniques (SSS/TLS, 3DES, AES, RSA, etc)
- Strong familiarity a understanding of security standards and best practices such as PCI DSS and OWASP
- Strong relationship and communications skills written and verbal
- BS or equivalent experience in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or other sciences
- 3+ years of experience in an engineering operations role within a production ops team
- 3+ years of hands on experience with Linux, especially CentOS
- Scripting skills desired, PHP is preferred
- Knowledge of operating system and network concepts including NFS, HTTP, TCP
Computer Skills: Advanced computer skills in Word, Excel, Outlook and ability to multi-task.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee may have to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Vision abilities include distance vision, close vision and ability to adjust focus. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.