Creative Lead Engineer (Full Stack)
Partner & Partners is looking for a lead software engineer, who is creative, likes to learn, and has experience working on all kinds of projects. You'll be working closely with the Creative Director, on all of our studio's development projects from the top to the bottom. The Lead Engineer will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining software that we can use across projects and helping to articulate what we're building to our clients. You will be creating tools that help to make our code compile better, build easily, and deploy faster.
- Build, maintain, and support all development infrastructure.
- Set up and maintain automated monitoring of all systems, to ensure maximimum uptime and peak performance.
- Architect infrastructure solutions for maximum scalability, employing techniques and technologies such as "scale out", redundancy, automated failover, and micro-services.
- Create DevOps automation, "infrastructure as code", and continuous integration/deployment practices as much as possible.
- Strong background administering scalable infrastructure in a public cloud environment. (AWS or GCP strongly preferred.)
- Experience with modern source control tools (e.g., git) and CI/CD build/deployment tools (e.g., Jenkins or Circle CI).
- Strong debugging and problem solving skills, as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with container technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Helm, are a big plus.
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools, such as Terraform, also a plus.
- BS or BA degree, or higher
- Demonstrated experience working with relational databases (write, optimize and troubleshoot complex SQL queries)
- Demonstrated System Design experience and ability to question the validity of current solutions
- Comfortable translating Business and Design requirements into working/efficient/modern HTML/DOM and CSS
- Familiarity with agile development practices
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix environments and scripting in those environments
- Strong communication skills & attention to detail with the ability to interact with stakeholders and vendors
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Mobile web development experience
- Comfortable with Git and Github
- Experience building and maintaining high volume multi-tier website applications in a team leadership capacity
- Hands-on experience in DevOps (AWS, Docker, Redis, etc)
- NOSQL, GraphQL experience is a plus
- Background in Python is a plus
Ideally, you might have:
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Bash and Python, as well as SQL.