Business Analyst - for Hamburg's first Unicorn company
You’ll join the heart of ABOUT YOU’s IT - the Backbone team. The system abstracts the complexity of dealing with more than 100 merchants in different countries by providing standardized access to products and stocks within our company. It provides the APIs which handle orders, shipments, returns etc. worth more than 1,000,000€ in total – every single day. Dealing with high volumes of data, continuously monitoring data flows and solving complex challenges are part of the team member’s day to day business.
What you definitely should enjoy doing:
- Digging through databases and log messages to identify possible improvements
- Monitor our systems and inform us about suspicious occurrences, which could save us thousands of Euros
- Being passionate about data and database structures
Great - you should definitely meet our Backbone team who is looking from now on for a Business Analyst.
You’ll enjoy working @ ABOUT YOU because we are proficient, MVP-focused and multicultural. On top of that, we love state-of-the-art technology and make sure you are in an environment where you can succeed yourself.
What you will do
- Regularly checking, investigating and adjusting the unit’s KPIs
- Conduct analyses based on own assumptions and findings, stakeholder requirements and incidents
- Improve the unit’s database structures, message streams, and logs for better reliability, understandability, and performance
- Enhance the unit’s monitoring and alerting by defining and implementing new metrics and alerts (both for existing processes and new features)
- Quickly understand a modern and high-performance technical setup
- Bring in your own ideas and creations
Who you are
- Profound knowledge of MySQL databases (SQL)
- Good knowledge of at least one monitoring and alerting technology (Greylog, Kibana, DataDog, New Relic, individual alerting scripts etc.)
- Basic understanding of programming (preferably with PHP)
- Knowledge about how to ensure high quality in software systems
- Feeling responsible for the unit’s systems and processes
- Experiences with agile software development and in leading a development team
- Very good written and spoken English skills, German skills are an advantage
We are looking forward to receiving your application – preferably via our online application portal! Thus, we can ensure a faster process and for you, it is very easy to upload your application documents. :)