Sr. Software Development Engineer
Magento Business Intelligence builds software that aggregates, stores, transforms and visualizes data to deliver actionable insights to business users. Our hosted end-to-end solution allows marketers, product managers, analysts and executives to be data-driven without leaning on engineers or other specialists to provide data or run analyses.
Magento, an Adobe company, is looking for a Sr. Software Developer who will be joining a fast-paced, Agile software development team focused on producing secure, scalable and high-quality enterprise solutions. Your work will impact millions of users worldwide and help contribute to one of Adobes fastest growing services.
What you will do:
Our product and engineering team practices iterative development and continuous deployment. We work in small teams, deploy dozens of times a day, and keep our projects short and focused. Engineers rotate between projects and areas of the product to learn and take on new challenges. As a member of the Magento Business Intelligence engineering team, you can expect to:
- Define, design, implement and deliver high-quality features that meet customer needs.
- Maintain features in our platform ranging from distributed data processing systems to in-browser data visualization tools.
- Ensure high quality by following coding best practices, code reviews, and providing automated tests.
- Work closely with product management and quality engineering to ensure we deliver great compelling features.
- Be passionate and help improve the availability, performance, scalability, and security of the product.
- Ensure a strong emphasis on monitoring and metrics for analyzing health and usage of features.
- Lead and participate in production deployment activities of your features and troubleshoot/resolve issues escalated from the production environment.
- Evaluate new technologies, and help incorporate them into the technology stack
What you need to succeed:
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 3+ years of experience with functional programming
- Must have PHP and MySQL experience
- Strong written and verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Innovative thinker and problem solver
- Self-starter and a fast learner including new tools and technologies
Nice to have:
- Experience with e-commerce
- Experience with Postgres, Redis, MongoDB, Apache, Node.js, Hadoop
- Experience with AWS, Git, Jenkins, Virtualbox, Chef
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If youre looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the significant benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.