Full Stack Engineer
Your Mission, Should You Choose to Accept:
Expensify prides itself in solving a real world problem with a team of top notch engineers. Expense reports have long been a burden on the business world and working at Expensify means helping us automate every step of the process from the moment people incur their business expenses to the moment they get reimbursed with money in the bank (and everything in between!).
Joining our team means you will be working in our fast paced environment and you are fearless of our next big challenge. Even though we work hard at Expensify, we make sure our employees are happy. Our most discussed perk is our offshore where we spend a month abroad working from a remote location as a team. This year we went to Uruguay, do you want to join?
Whether you’re building features like calendar integrations, importing credit card transactions, or pulling information from receipts, you’re self-driven and collaborative. You’re an autonomous individual who is passionate about making code beautiful and effective, and you’re open to working with other engineers and designers to make dreams into reality.
- As a Full Stack Engineer, your responsibilities include:
- Squashing bugs: big, small, and hairy!
- Building features like accounting integrations, travel budgets, and more.
- Guiding and enabling others in the technical organization: we'll share our editor tricks, dotfiles and productive workflow. Share yours!
- Asking questions about things you don’t understand and challenging the status quo
For the best possible fit, we are looking for someone who:
- Has experience writing real-world software to solve real-world solutions.
- Communicates well, both in the code (WE <3 COMMENTS!) as well as with our team and industry partners -Is a natural problem solver
- Wants to develop and grow their skills in programming and leadership within the organization
Compensation & Benefits
- Full-time, salaried position
- 401k with employer match
- 100% Medical/Dental/Vision contributions
- Commuter benefits
- Free lunch
- Flexible vacation policy
- Work From Home when you need it
Applying is easy, but it takes time. See, while we know you're awesome, it's actually really hard and time consuming to find you in the midst of literally hundreds of other applications we get from everyone else. So this is where we're going to ask our first favor: can you make it really easy and obvious how great you are, so we don't accidentally overlook you? There are probably many ways to do that, but the easiest way is to help us out by answering the following questions:
- What's the URL of your website? If you don't have one, why not?
- What's your coding history? When did you start, and what have you done between then and now?
- What do you want to do with the rest of your life, and how is Expensify a step toward your long-term goals?
- How did you hear about us? A job posting? Chalk on a sidewalk? From a friend? Let us know where you saw this opening.
Resume not your thing? That’s great, we don’t really read them anyway! Forward your responses to the questions to [email protected]. We're excited to hear from you!